Fw 200 Condor Love?

Mark P

When will the aftermarket community step up to assist the 1/48th scale Trumpeter Fw 200 with a little TLC? It is a very good kit but needs some addition support. We see all kinds of help for models that don't really need it, how about for kits that really do?

Fortunately, there are a few more aftermarket decals becoming available, but that is another area that the Trumpeter kit could use some help.

Rant over...

Mark Proulx

I managed to buy an etch set from the Koster FW 200, it has a useful set of parts, not least the search radar dipoles.

Don't Vector make the engine the 200 used (is  it a Bramo - poss same as the Hs 126).

I suspect one reason is that you don't see many made. It's one of those purchase and stash kits - I have one in a pile somewhere...

Matt

I built one and thoroughly enjoyed it and have a second in the stash. That said I always assumed the reason for little support from the AM folks was that the kit itself didn't sell that well. I do remember early on some nit pickers beating it up for shapes in some areas and over done surface detail. I know when I bought mine a couple years after it was released I paid less than half of what the original list price was when Sprue Bros. was clearing them out. Prices like that are usually an indication that it didn't sell as well as expected. Eduard did do some PE for it and I used a Nautilus wing spar in mine which made the wings a little less floppy.