RAF Mustang IV

Butler

Disaster! I've managed to spill an entire pot of liquid poly over my model table, completely immersing all four prop blades that i'd lined up to admire after applying the HobbyDecal stencils :angry:

It's stripped all the paint off and left a rough, sticky finish covered in bits of tissue paper where I quickly mopped it off :rolleyes: Never mind, something to fix tomorrow <_<

Ah, bummer mate. Sounds fixable though, so hopefully it won't cause you too much more pain.

Kev

Aaaaaagh! Bummer dude. :lol: Hope you get a chance to post some more progress pics soon(post-recovery), because I'm really interested in how this build is turning out. Never seen these markings before, and it was looking really neat. Hope you get everything buffed out OK!

Finished :)

I'll stick some finished photos over in that new forum, for the mean time here's a pic of my aerial wire. It's made out of a very thin piece of elastic that came out of one of my socks! I attached one end to a sewing needle then passed that through a hole in the canopy and then into the tailplane, leaving just the eye showing.

As you can see, the aerial wire is very forgiving for my clumsy fingers ;)

(the roundal looks like it has a dirty border around it in the photo, you can't see that with your eyes - damn flash!)

post-4669-1251481690.jpg

• 3 weeks later...