Tamiya F-15C Kicked Up A Notch- Dec 1/17: DONE!

chuck540z3

fMwni4.jpg

0in4K7.jpg

With some pre-planning and sanding, the gun door fits very well.

sONjIX.jpg

I placed some fine brass mesh on the inside of the vent before painting.

h4m8VW.jpg

Although I can now finally see the light at the end of the tunnel of this project, I still have a lot of work to do.  Next up will be the painting of the rear titanium panels, the wing pylons and other stuff that hangs underneath and of course decaling.  I just noticed that I now have 56 followers, so thank you for your continued interest- and patience- in this long, long build!

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck,

Summer here at the Jersey Shore. So with a cold Shandy, I sat on the patio and went through your updates. I must say, the tough and attention to detail, coupled with innovation and flawless execution, is, as always, a pleasure and wonder to behold. Just too freekin amazing...

Geoff

Thanks Geoff!  I really appreciate your very kind words.

Chuck, some day you should try Mr paint, i know they are acrylic but is amazing the finish , and they bite pretty good on the bare plastic, i switched to that paint, i am not using any more MM paints, the good thing about it is that you get a really smooth finish and is a satin finish, so you dont need to apply a gloss coat for decals , also you can work the weathering product directly without any gloss coat at all.

Jorge

Thanks Jorge for the tip.  I may try that paint one day, but right now I'm having a lot of luck with what I know- Model Master Enamels and Tamiya Lacquers.  If something goes wrong, I know exactly why because I know these paints so well.

Cheers,

Chuck

One more thing about Photobucket.  Now that I'm trying to catch up on other builds, like Marcel's double F-16 project, I can't see any of his previous pics.  Same goes for THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of other photographs posted  in countless threads on other forums and websites where "3rd Party Hosting" (3PH) is required.  By suddenly disallowing 3PH with no real notice unless you buy a subscription for at least $60 US per year, PB is nothing more than a ransomeware site right now.  I was already thinking of leaving PB because it is so slow and inefficient, it locked up all the time and when I would upload, say 10 pics, only 8 would show up in the album I sent them to.  The other 2 pics went into outer space or some other album, so I would have to hunt for missing pics all the time.  Meanwhile, I've been paying them $30/yr for crappy service and they now want me to pay double that or lose my pics as well by December, 2018?  No wonder everybody is mad at PB.  I'll bet 2/1 odds that in no time they will offer a cheaper alternative, because everyone will leave as they commit business suicide.  Pure stupidity.  They could have charged $20-30/yr and most would have got over it eventually.

ImageShack, BTW, has the look and feel of what the old PB used to be.  Uploading is smoking fast and you can post 1,600 pixel wide pics easily.  Goodbye Photobucket.

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

It's worse than that, Chuck: they actually want US$399 per year to get you in the clear for 3rd party linking and hosting. Anything less and it's still forbidden!

Kev

Made me look!  Wow!  Unbelievable.  I'd quit PB today, but my $30/yr buys me 17 more months of keeping my build pics alive.

Pricing: The cost of a PLUS account varies according to how much storage you need! Please note, all subscriptions are billed annually.

• 2 GB - Free
  • Ad Free (no additional storage or bandwidth) - $2.49 / Month
  • 50 GB - $59.99 / Year
  • 100 GB - $99.99 / Year
  • 500 GB - $399.99 / Year

When you upgrade to PLUS:

• Premium Support. You have direct access to our tech support team. Email our PLUS Support Team 
  • Storage. You get more space for your media.
  • Bandwidth: Bandwidth is a measure of the resources needed to display your media outside of Photobucket (example: images linked to your blog).

Plus 50 offers 52GB of Storage and No Linking or 3rd Party Hosting

Plus 100 offers 102GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and No 3rd Party Hosting

Plus 500 offers 502GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking and Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting

Made me look!  Wow!  Unbelievable.  I'd quit PB today, but my $30/yr buys me 17 more months of keeping my build pics alive.

Just think of it as having 18 months to move your photos and update your threads, should you choose to do so. I cancelled the automatic renewal on my subscription, so it will revert to being a free account in January 2018. I'm hoping to have all my important images re-linked by then. As soon as that's done, I'll be deleting my Photobucket account entirely.

Kev

Just think of it as having 18 months to move your photos and update your threads, should you choose to do so. I cancelled the automatic renewal on my subscription, so it will revert to being a free account in January 2018. I'm hoping to have all my important images re-linked by then. As soon as that's done, I'll be deleting my Photobucket account entirely.

Kev

My renewal is next month, which I was going to cancel.  Not now.  For $30 I'll let my build pics live for another year for all to copy, since I have all the originals on my computer anyway.  There's no way I'm updating 200-300 pics in every one of my prior build threads.

I still find this all so incredible it's hard to believe, much like some recent elections.  :whistle:

Edited by chuck540z3