A tale of two cities, from Lancaster to Manchester

Cees Broere

Hi chaps,

I have been posting this on LSM for quite some time but I felt it should be fitting here too (if

you don't mind that is).

Previous installments in the following link:

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/4357-converting-the-hk-models-prototype-lancaster-into-a-manchester/page-1

Working on the panellines. With pencil the lines are marked out. When everything is neat and square they will be scribed. The join between the centre section and outer wing was covered with a metal strip. I will represent this with aluminium tape.

Cees

20160829_201651_zpsw0wusinz.jpg

It's an Avro, what's not to like...

Had a quick look at your post on LSM and love what I see and will be following :thumbsup:

PS

I promise, no comments about Glider tugs/bombers

Hi chaps,

I have been posting this on LSM for quite some time but I felt it should be fitting here too (if

you don't mind that is).

Cees

Don't mind?....don't mind, No, I don't think anybody will mind Cees - its bloody brilliant!

Bold, ambitious, brilliantly executed and a wonderful choice of subject - what is there not to like. I can't wait for Telford to see it - I assume it won't be on the HK stand as they are probably after you with hatchets :) where will we find it, on 32 SiG stand??

really enjoyed catching up with the whole build last night - I had no idea it was there so had one of those great moments where you find a mature build by accident and can binge watch it :)

more please :popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

Thanks Peter,

Yes it will be at Telford and probably on the 32SIG table (if there is room for it as it is huge). The Manchester has

always been a subject I really liked and I have converted a 1/48 Tamiya Lanc into one a few years ago. The HK Models mockup was just the shape without any details so a good opportunity for a large scale conversion. And a steep learning curve too but an enjoyable one.

Cees