S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

Thank you all for your kind comments! 

Astonishing work Ben !

Looking forward to see this one in person as well once she is finished. I'm sure she will sit nicely next to Your excellent Prowler.

Please do give a head's up when she is going to attend to a show in Belgium when the time comes !!!

Regards Rudy.

Rudy, I'll probably bring it to KMK expo on September 10th. It won't be finishe duntil then as my decal printer is on holiday until September 4th but I'll bring it anyway. I hope to finish it for the BSMC Show on December 10th.

Still looking awesome!  Seems you are in the home stretch now.  I have a question for you.  I notice you are using MRP's airbrush cleaner and was wondering how it works?  I ask because I always use cheap lacquer thinner from Lowes to clean up my airbrush after spraying with Mr. Color paint.  Now that I am using MRP, the cheap stuff doesn't quite work all that great.  It works great for Mr. Color but not MRP.  Does the MRP clean well for you?

Thanks,

Bryan

MRP Airbrush Cleaner is what works best to clean your airbrush after spraying Mr Paint. There must be a "cheap" alternative - this is a normal thinner, I just don't know which one it actually is.

awesome work! How did you make those fins on the engine compressor outlet(?)? That's really nicely done!

Clark Cone

The engines are CAD designed and 3D printed, Clark.

The fans and spinners were repainted using Testors MEtalizer and Ammo metal pigments. I am quite pleased with the result.

img_2910kjs94.jpg

img_291109sgn.jpg

Thanx for the head's-up Ben. Too bad she won't be finished for KMK since Mol is a little bit closer. Still, Putte isn't too far and it might be nice to combine with a visit to the beautiful city of Antwerpen. Enjoying a fabulous Belgium beer afterwards isn't a "punishment" either... :) 

Regards Rudy. 

Ben,

Outstanding work, as your fans here have become accustomed to over the years. We never tire of seeing more though, as the response from this latest round of updates proves.

The engines look outstanding...and the fan section redo was certainly worth the effort, as it now looks superb. You've certainly captured the look of "rugged titanium," a term that General Electric proudly advertises in their manuals and sales brochures. :)

Can't wait to see more!

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

Between Pig's AT-38, Peter's Spitfire XIV and this S-3 I can't decide which is the awesomest build.  They're all inspirational and evidence of what can be achieved with enough dedication and ingenuity and skill.  Hat's off to you all gentlemen!

Jens

Uhhhh, we SO need an injection molded new tool LSP Viking

You bet we do! I'd love to see an S-3 in 32 scale. An RA-5C Vigilante would also be cool!