ODG Studios' Lighter (WWI barge for Felixstowe and Camel)

seiran01

This is by far the most-wanted accessory for me, a Lighter to display my in-progress Felixstowe or recently completed WNW Ships Camel on.  Dan from ODG isn't on LSP so I'm posting this on his behalf as I've been cheering him and Paul Keefe along while they build the master.

The photos show the first complete test casting - still some kinks to be worked out in this "nearly there!" stage but even now, I'm delighted with the results. The Lighter is rotary cast meaning it's hollow, and this saves both weight and reduces the cost due to less resin used. Expect it to run in the $100-$150 range with all intent to keep it as close to $100 as possible.

I'm going to be starting to work on building a full flight deck from balsa and basswood for my Camel and am planning to keep it removable for when my Wingnut Felixstowe is also completed. The hollow-cast hull would make it pretty easy to mount some magnets inside to give a stronger hold to a removable flight deck... :)

jYFXiSR.jpg

cJ0cak3.jpg

NjeAoIW.jpg

ySXEDcO.jpg

lRElZEm.jpg

967SGBz.jpg

5c4LwoD.jpg

There were at least three different types of flight deck including the one for the camel with skis in place of wheels (original tests) and also one with folding sides to allow it to get closer to the dock. Possibly variations in shape and size or the decks also. I've gathered every photo and drawing I can find but they may include something along the line of plans also. Still waiting to see what they do there