Sign zee papers old man!!!

JRutman

Thanks all,for the nice comments and for looking in and taking the time to post.

Yes,that old Cheech and Chong gag was my favorite for a long time and the first time I heard it I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

J

Lovely figure Jerry...

But do I see behind him that your bathroom half timbering has found a new small scale expression...?

Would like to see more, it looks very nice.

Matt

Lovely figure Jerry...

But do I see behind him that your bathroom half timbering has found a new small scale expression...?

Would like to see more, it looks very nice.

Matt

Thansk Matt,

The building in the background is actually a 1/87 build that I scratched for a project about14 years ago. I was a volunteer tour guide at the local museum and decided to try to build all of the buildings that were here in the 1760s.

Bethlehem was a communal town then,run by an exclusive religous group and this building was the horse barn in the village farm complex. The drawing I was using is very cool and looks just like a German village from the time period,not surprising since they were almost all German! Lots of chamfered roof peaks and clay tile roofs,half timber,etc. Very cool. Most of them still exist,save for a few that stood in the way of relentless"urban renewel" in the 60s. It seems that,unlike you Brits,we tend to tear down the charming old buildings to be replced by metal,glass and plastic boxes with garage doors in front,covered in power lines and neon signs. Stupifyingly ugly.

J

It seems that,unlike you Brits,we tend to tear down the charming old buildings to be replced by metal,glass and plastic boxes with garage doors in front,covered in power lines and neon signs. Stupifyingly ugly. J

Unfortunately, that is also the same story here in the UK. We have many historical grade I listed buildings in this Country, but very few are maintained in the way that they deserve, so they sometimes decay and eventually fall down (or in these days of heatlh and safety, pulled down), then we are back to the modern urban development cycle...Progression, it is sometimes such a regressive word!

Awesome figure J., full of character - from a UK perspective, seeing this for the first time almost had me wondering when the Stella Artois theme music was going to kick in!

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Unfortunately, that is also the same story here in the UK. We have many historical grade I listed buildings in this Country, but very few are maintained in the way that they deserve, so they sometimes decay and eventually fall down (or in these days of heatlh and safety, pulled down), then we are back to the modern urban development cycle...Progression, it is sometimes such a regressive word!

Awesome figure J., full of character - from a UK perspective, seeing this for the first time almost had ne wondering when the Stella Artois theme music was going to kick in!

Derek

Well thankee sir. Before anyone gets the wrong idea I should point out that this fig is out of the box execpt for the beard and hair. I think he's from Masterbox.

J

Thanks all,for the nice comments and for looking in and taking the time to post.

Yes,that old Cheech and Chong gag was my favorite for a long time and the first time I heard it I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

J

"You have broken both of my hands....."

Chong: A whore movie? Wow is that Jane Fonda?

Cheech: No man, a horror movie, you know Hooo Heee heeee.

My eyes were red, but not from crying....

I'm an old man now but Big Bambu is still a great comedy album.

Dave's not here.

Edited by DaneBramage