Seafire MK 47

Chris/Germany

for another hard part: modification of the underwing air- intakes and the flap construction.

Modified the kits intakes ( too flat) with alu and used the ones from the warbirds correction set as a template for the measurements. Flaps also from alu with ribs of plywood, wheel bays also modified....

post-4-1085697769.jpg

Hy Tim, sorry to dissapoint you, she will get a "normal" Royal Navy sheme with the light green sides / undersides and that grey on the upperside with a red spinner, a bit like the new airworthy restaured seafire in the states ( or Canada?)

Here´s a pic .....

post-4-1085698393.jpg

Thanx guys! To Mike: yes, thought about building some WWI planes in a bigger scale for example as John Read with his really great dioramas does, as a "contrast" program to the plastic scratchbuilding with that stinky super glue cause as posted before that balsa and plywood smells a lot better. When I was 15 years i built some RC models in the "classic" style with ribs and stringers and that was really fun but they never flew ´cause I didnt have the money for a RC control :( But building this planes was a good school for the technical understanding of a planes construction, maybe some day i start a WWI Project in 1/16 but till then many other (plastic) projects need to be finished ......

cheers

Chris

Chris,

Do you have any more info on the restored Mk.47 in the US. Last I heard it was in Breckinridge Texas, but I didn't know that it was already finished!

Steve

Hy Steve, yes, she has moved to her new owner last week and gone to Montana I think. Here´s the link that inspired me for this conversion after seeing those pics, it´s a very long thread with lot´s of infos of her career as gate guard and more, also some links there to short videos of her first flight a few weeks ago. You must download them, impressing flyby´s and the sound of that griffon is stunning!

http://forum.airforces.info/showthread.php?t=24080

hope it works

To Brian:...fun part?......painting?....oh oh......there´s this little thing called "griffon" in the nose of that plane which calls: please, detail me,please!...and the recsribing has to be done, I never used such lots of filler on a kit like on that $&§)($//& Matchbox -Spit.....but the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight

cheers

Chris