1/35 OH-58D Kiowa *Completed*

BradG

I like it!  Would seem (no pun intended) to be hard to sand things with all the antenna and cutters on the upper forward fuse though?

Indeed, but I'm pretty sure I got that area all good, hence I glued everything on. I've also added the cutters to the lower perspex, but I'll add that part last.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to get back to this, I haven't touched it in weeks. Now cricket is finished, hopefully the weather cooperates and I can finish. It's been a pretty hot summer over here and once the evaporative cooling goes on, any painting for the day is over!

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket done for the year. We lost our semi final and the 4th XI lost their grand final. Bummer. Well I did manage to put some paint on the Kiowa today. I think it's a little too olive for helo drab, but it's kinda like asking what's the correct shade of olive drab. It'll look fine after some weathering.

P1010013_zpsxtezb3oe.jpg

Looks nice! Will do nicely with som weathering. :)
What I've figured, Helo drab is a greyish green color, and OD for vehicles (US) is a greyish brown color.
Then there seems to be a dark green color for airplanes called olive green or olive drab.
That's my perception of things.
Here's an article

HÃ¥kan

Edited by Azgaron

Gloss, decals and rotors have been painted. I can already see a few minor points of silvering so I'll fix them up tomorrow night with some future. It'll be a big tight but if I work on it every night I should get it finished.

P1010014_zpscgh4stwq.jpg

Probably my last update before finished pictures. I really like weathering and the Kiowas seemed to get fairly grubby, so I've been working in some pigment this evening and I quite like the effect. I've tried to follow a few pictures I found on the net that show where dust and dirt tends to collect.

P1010015_zpsiloalthv.jpg