1/8 scale Fokker Dr1

LSP_Ron

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Enjoying every update and the details look awesome. Is the metal parts white metal or white bronze for strength?

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Guest Clunkmeister

Really nice work, Ron! You are making me itch to start mine, but I have way too many projects to finish first.

Look forward to watching you progress. :popcorn:

Me too. Seriously got the itch, but it's a loooong project.

Seriously awesome work, Ron.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Nice work on those controls.  At this scale...I can only imagine how much detail you would feel you needed to add before you found it complete.  I wonder how well the doping on the wings hid the fabric, ya know?

looking nice Ron!

I've sold two or three of these over the years. Each time I go through the kit to check for completeness and I'm always struck by the complexity and quality of the parts. If I was a WWI fan I'd love to build me one of these. 

Having said that, I still enjoy looking at your progress pics, it will be ace when done!

Thanks folks,  no real updates. I haven't had much free time the last few days. I hope to get some bench time tonight as the weather isn't great here today.

Cheers

Ron

• 2 months later...

A little progress.  The kit ammo box is really lacking so I scratched a new one out of card stock

There is the kit one

ZHo8gAk.jpg

Here is my scratched one

NXiyPlR.jpg

I finished the tail skid today too and will mount it to the fuse frame work next sit down.

IzuRznq.jpg

The kit supplies a plywood barrier behind the seat. In the real deal this was linen.  I did have any really fine linen that looked right so I made one out of .010" copper sheet that I will paint and then attach to the tubulars with wood ship rigging thread.

I43tHgm.jpg

That's about as far as I managed yesterday. Thanks for looking.

Ron

Guest Clunkmeister

And we both haven't finished the Mossie!  Wow

Yes the heel plates need some wood grain edges as do several other plastic bits.  They are not glued, I just popped them on the floor after spraying AS-12 for the pic. 

There are many fixes required for this kit. Like missing leading edge ply on the wings, missing ply turtle deck behind the cockpit,  missing lower front fuse sheet metal, missing sheet metal on the forward cockpit.....   I will attempt them all but....I'm not going to let this stall if I can't overcome how to address these issues.

And the instrument panel provided is pure fiction, taken from a reproduction Dr.1.