decals for Swiss Mirage

alain11

hi 

may this will interest people  : Matterhorn circle has just released an huge decal sheet at the 1/ 32 scale . this sheet provide us markings for all versions of the Swiss Mirage , from the C , to the late S and RS version . decals , and even stencils for the colourful IIIC "s' Bluemli" .... one thing I really appreciate , is the small "walk around" of the specific S version ( late) , and the drawing at the 1/32 scale of the nose cone which is different from the E version ..... Well rather a long speech , take a look and .. order

Alain  

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiKi5eTmvfTAhVMvBoKHcxQBrEQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mc-one.ch%2FDocuments%2Fnew%2Fnew-1.htm&usg=AFQjCNFRw5hTXzCxwQewTjztEPWRIwD_vQ

Edited by alain11

I asked Robert, the guy who did the awesome new Mirage decals in 1/32 about a Swiss Mirage resin conversion. Not at the moment, his answer was...

Maybe someone else has the skills and reference (I have dimensions of all the swiss specific parts) to do a nice conversion in 1/32.

Video Aviation?

Retrokit?

Fisher Model?

AMS Resin?

Renaissance Models?

Two Mikes Resin?

Anyone else interested?

Hi 

I am very tempted by the Swiss Mirage , especially the  late S version , very sexy in her grey dress . I 've ordered , and already got the decals ,. very nice . So men , why must I wait for AM parts ??? do it your self !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Firstly , I have to say that I am " an in average" modeller , and I am far from guys such" Starfighter " ( the crazy scratch builder) or many else here .So what kind of stuffs I have to achieve ???

" easy " things : the IP : different from the French E version ( I think I can do it , I had already did such things ) .... antennas on top of the vertical fin ,on the front gear door too, " warning pods " ( ???!!) at the wing tips , the police light on the right air intake ... maybe I forgot other things ....

somethings " harder " : The "canard" winglets ,.Matterhorn provide the scaled drawing 

much harder : the chaff disperser . the grid must be hard to achieve , the " holes" are rectangular , why aren't they circular ?? .once again , Matterhorn provide pictures to understand the shape , charge to you to "cut" it into plastic card ...the Swiss Mirage has a particular front gear leg : the " fork " is longer than the French E version ;that allow to make the nose up , and by the same time makes the vertical tail down , and finally park the plane into the Swiss caverns ( yes indeed ) .. so you ( I) have to extent rearward the front gear bay ( 8 mm at the 1/32 scale)..by the same time , the gear door too...  there is a rectangular shape bulge on the gear door , due to the leg extension 

the "hardest " the nose cone ...I can't do it myself .. I firstly thought to make it with the help of a hand drill ( don't laugh ), too long ( 60 mm )  , or find a guy who has a numerically controlled lathe and kindly do this cone for you ( me) ( an "ordinary" lathe can't do this "bullet" shape .)... an other way to explore , the 3 D print , we have the scaled drawing ..................I hope I haven't been boring ,and you understood my prose  ...So men let's go, do it yourself , check the different "walk around", the challenge is nice  

Alain

Edited by alain11