Sierra Hotel Models at the IPMS Nats

Barry

I had the opportunity to spend some time with the folks from Sierra Hotel Models while attending the IPMS Nats. Great folks all; Michael, Patrick, Casey and Rich. Unfortunately Erik was unable to attend so maybe next time.

Here are some photos of their “revised†Intake/Ramp set for the latest tool Revell F/RF-4C/E/F. I say revised because they have replaced the engine “face†with a newly tooled piece.The new piece is totally redesigned with blades set for the proper direction of rotation CSIDG “bullet†fairing and support struts. The detail is IMO totally awesome see for yourself. I have included a couple of pictures of both the new on left and the original offering.

P8020218_zpsh2viofto.jpg

P8020219_zpsrmp9safb.jpg

P8020215_zpsgxi54yo0.jpg

P8020213_zpstbgeupnv.jpg

P8020210_zpsnnlviofm.jpg

P8020211_zpsnezwkeeu.jpg

P8020223_zpsrnxb4abj.jpg

P8020221_zpsxkim0eva.jpg

P8020220_zpsl8dt6jm7.jpg

P8020227_zpsqzhrbpgp.jpg

Exhaust Nozzles and AB Section in next post

Here are the pictures of the Exhaust Nozzle and AB Section which has some awesome detail in the liner, fuel “gutter†ring and the exhaust side of the engine including the flame holder. I have looked at all the available Exhaust/AB sets out there and these sit right at the top IMO.

P8020182_zpsaho3iqhg.jpg

P8020183_zpsl3vumfnq.jpg

P8020184_zpshm7pxbuu.jpg

P8020186_zpsuw9bxqdn.jpg

P8020188_zpscdgttwm0.jpg

P8020189_zpsuoqrqife.jpg

P8020190_zpscfsmctti.jpg

P8020191_zpsziywgymv.jpg

P8020194_zps6mvq9dly.jpg

More in next post

More Nozzle and AB pictures.

P8020200_zpskdsnqowg.jpg

P8020203_zpsrg70va5g.jpg

P8020228_zps1phfpqlo.jpg

P8020230_zpsoiizuvqc.jpg

P8020232_zps4hzusm1e.jpg

P8020233_zpsxwm3qao8.jpg

P8020242_zpswidxtkut.jpg

I have the F-4G set but have not had an opportunity to pull it out and look it over good but will. All of these sets are for the Revell F/RF-4C/E/F kits and are things that the Revell kit needs to help it along.

They have some awesome stuff coming…EA-6A conversion and Ejection Seats for the Trumpeter kit. They also have a Pave Knife Pod and an ALQ/AN-138 Pod. Both are CAD designed masters and are absolutely the finest work I have seen, bar none! We all know there kit availability has been spotty but they are working hard to eliminate that concern. Let's hope they do as their stuff is truly top shelf IMO.

Barry

With the greatest respect Barry, they've been saying that for years, sadly.

I do understand and have been one of those "in waiting" as well.

Very nice!     I have only been able to purchase a few of their sets (tried to purchase several others), but each one I did get was beautiful.  

Sierra Hotel is one of the top announcers of aftermarket products in the business.    I hope for the day they become one of the top producers of aftermarket products :please:

Did they show any new 1/48 F-16 stuff at the nats?     F-16A conversion perhaps??

Very nice!     I have only been able to purchase a few of their sets (tried to purchase several others), but each one I did get was beautiful.  

Sierra Hotel is one of the top announcers of aftermarket products in the business.    I hope for the day they become one of the top producers of aftermarket products :please:

Did they show any new 1/48 F-16 stuff at the nats?     F-16A conversion perhaps??

Tom,

I do not recall seeing any F-16 related items. :sorry:

Barry

Thanks Barry for posting the detailed photos of the Sierra Hotel Models "Genuine" Revell F-4 Intakes and Exhaust. 

Note that we will have the 32nd F-4 Intake and Exhaust sets back in stock this weekend; ready to order. All F-4 Intakes have been updated with refined Vari-ramps and all new designed - much more accurate J-79 Engine Fans; in both Navy/Marine and USAF/FMS variants.

SHM%20F-4%20J79%20Eng%20Fans.4_zpsk9etrb

SHM%20F-4%20J79%20Eng%20Fans.2_zpsql3zcw

The EA-6A conversion is on track for early 2016. Rich has done some excellent work on the nose and tail pod thus far. He also mastered the ALQ-76 Pod and CHAFF/Flare dispenser (looks like a tank) below.

SHM%202015%20Nats.5_zpsqm9j5ijt.jpg

SHM%202015%20Nats.6_zpsrufnn1ch.jpg

Tom; The 48th F-16A Conversion is in limited production; as we have a few more parts to add in. 

Mike V

Edited by Viper Enforcer

Any F-15 wheels...? :)

Jens

Yes; we had 12 32nd F-15A wheels sets for the Tamiya kit; all sold by Friday morning. Bruce Bradabaugh (an LSP regular), got one of the last sets. Erik is making a couple tweaks to the F-15C/D wheels and we'll be getting those out by the end of the month.