488 RAF (NZ) Sqn, Brewster Buffalo

Allok

This is the prequel to the Revell Hurricane I built in 2007. This time I might try to get some of the colours right. Having said that, looks like I've already come unstuck so bare with me while I muddle through.

Pictures004.jpg

Pictures005.jpg

Pictures006.jpg

I'm up to my usual trick of glueing as much of the model together as I can before squirting any paint on it.

This the first time I've used the sandwich style instrument transparencies and I'm really impressed with the way they turned out. Saves a lot of time as I normally hand paint all this stuff.

First time with photo-etch too. I like!

Pictures10.jpg

Pictures14.jpg

Pictures12.jpg

You must beware the allure of the photo-etch :huh: as you may never return from the land of Eduard!

Looking great! I've almost picked this kit up more than once so I'll be watching to see how she builds up.

I'm still debating whether or not to add any extra cables or hoses to the cockpit. Without any decent pics of the interior of one of these, the whole thing would be a guess (and would take time)

It's still pretty good, I might get away without it.

Pictures13.jpg

Pictures11.jpg

Does that mean you model naked and expect us to be similarly attired while we watch?

If you really want to Kev.

(Trust an Aussie to come up with a comment like that! It should have read "bear with me". I should have consulted my girlfriend before I posted that)

Allok, on the discussion forum LDSmodeller has made a link to to the Buffalo 339E pilot notes in PDF format compiled by Jim Maas and Dan Ford. You can find the link under the topic "Mjam Mjam new Buffalo subtype" in the second post. The notes have several photos of the 339E cockpit.

• 11 months later...

Looks excellent! I found the kit to be a bit fiddly, but it looks good when it's all together.

I didn't add extra stuff, though given the greenhouse canopy I can see where you could do that.

Look forward to more pix!

Tim W.

Nice work indeed. You buuild beautiful models. They look even better in the flesh. I was looking at your Revell Hornet in Acorn Models the other day and I was totally amazed at how you ressurected that old kit. fantastic.

The Buffalo is looking superb so far, well done!

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Gents.

I've been slapping this kit together like a crazy fool over the last couple of days trying to make the deadline.

Although the kit is fantastic with lots of great detail, the fit is not the greatest and I've had to use filler in some very inconvenient places. I'll post some pics shortly.