1/32 Tamiya F-15C Aggressor

chuck540z3

Can I use obscenities ? NO? ok, well Chuck this is an incredible school of modelling, clean , inventive, highly detailed work based on the real thing. Catching the natural look of  this machine in every aspect . Bravo! :m0152:

Cheers

Martin

PS: Since I am Calgarian now, I have to see this beauty with my very own eyes.  :innocent:

Can I use obscenities ? NO? ok, well Chuck this is an incredible school of modelling, clean , inventive, highly detailed work based on the real thing. Catching the natural look of  this machine in every aspect . Bravo! :m0152:

Cheers

Martin

PS: Since I am Calgarian now, I have to see this beauty with my very own eyes.  :innocent:

Any time Martin, any time.  No Photoshop in this build, so you can see this model for yourself in person. Just drop me a PM and we can arrange a "viewing" at your convenience.

Cheers,

Chuck

Any time Martin, any time.  No Photoshop in this build, so you can see this model for yourself in person. Just drop me a PM and we can arrange a "viewing" at your convenience.

Cheers,

Chuck

Just watch him like a hawk though....last time at my place he nicked a couple parts.

Chuck, that is seriously  some of your best work yet my friend. :bow:   I just wanted to say thank you for all the great builds you do on here and I have learned so much from watching you builds and tips and tricks you graciously offer up to everyone here. This Eagle build is going to inspire me to build one maybe sometime next year with a similar scheme. Thanks again Chuck and can't wait till your next wonderous creation to come. Now go have a great little modeling break, you deserve it. :punk:

Chris.

Hi Chuck! Finally, now that`s some very shiny, bright and blue result. :) Very beautiful!

The cockpit really is the most overhwelming part, while the gear bays are on the opposite side. 2 things that i might give 99 points out of 100 - the nozzles - from the outer side the blue is kinda coalescent with the paint, while from the inner sides the white streaks look somehow unreal to me, like they are too much stylized. And two - the wash on top makes the panel lines too much visible all over the plane, yet that`s only to my taste. Thanks for all the tips throughout the build! The patches over the surfaces in a combination with the added rivets make quite a difference. And i also very much like the different choice of loadouts - the two pods - awesome!

Edited by F`s are my favs

Thanks again guys!

Hi Chuck,

Great work!

Sharp looking model.

Do you apply some kind of HDR rendering on your pictures?

cheers

Romain

Hi Rom!

The answer is yes.  I use the HDR setting on my Nikons (D610, D810) all the time, which is really important for close-up photography, which is most of the time.  For those who don't know what High Dynamic Range is, the camera basically takes two pics with the optimum exposure for the very light areas and another for the dark areas, then "stitches" them together into one pic.  I used to use 3 exposure bracketing with one pic overexposed by +1 stop, one at 0 and one at -1 stop, then pick the best one, but HDR has eliminated all that and I get a pic that's better than I can do on my own.  Since all my photography is timed and on a tripod, I don't have to worry about camera shake, which is critical for the HDR setting.

Cheers,

Chuck

the nozzles - from the outer side the blue is kinda coalescent with the paint, while from the inner sides the white streaks look somehow unreal to me, like they are too much stylized. And two - the wash on top makes the panel lines too much visible all over the plane, yet that`s only to my taste. Thanks for all the tips throughout the build! The patches over the surfaces in a combination with the added rivets make quite a difference. And i also very much like the different choice of loadouts - the two pods - awesome!

Hi Milan,

Based upon my pics above I tend to agree with you- to a point.  The main reason for the intense blue on the nozzles, "stylized" exhaust staining and panel lines that might be too intense, is the photography itself.  I use 3 very strong lights from a variety of angles, which really picks up the blue and makes the exhaust staining and panel lines "pop".  To the naked eye, all of these things are much less noticeable.  As for the "wash" on the top, I used a dark wash very sparingly on only a few small panel lines and avoided using a wash on the big ones.  As you know, the kit panel lines are too wide, so what you are seeing are mostly shadows.

From the direct rear, some of this has been toned down like this pic, where the blue is more washed out:

pxjXIF.jpg

Still, when compared to the real deal, I think it looks the part

tAhtAk.jpg

YRw9Mb.jpg

dRcIMJ.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3