Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

I voted Be-2 because....well, I hope it IS a Be-2!

Workhorse of the RFC through some of the most difficult campaigns of WWI.   Only done in 1/72 and 1/48th as far as I'm aware.  It's not like we're short of Dr. Is.

TW

If it's something I really like, I'll try to get one (or more), and if I don't particularly care for it (as is the case with many of their releases), I won't bother. I'll just be hoping it's something I really like and want.

My wallet keeps hoping its another Dolphin-esk release   :rolleyes:  (no offence to those who like it!

Model making dreams are great!

When I was a kid (maybe 13?) I had an incredibly vivid dream that I went into my parents' basement and every giant (at that time) aircraft you could buy was built and hanging from the ceiling.  It made a very impressive display and I can still picture how vivid and real the whole thing seemed.

It was like a B-52, 1/48 B-29, B-36 Peacemaker, stuff like that.  Big kits!  

It actually inspired me to buy and build a few big kits, including the Monogram B-24D and B-17G in 1/48 scale.  Pretty big kits.

When I was into U-Control flying models our club, the Chicago U-Line Pilots, held its meetings in the furnished basement of one of the founders homes. As I recall stick and tissue models were hanging from the ceiling. One of the rooms in his basement was a workshop and some of the teenagers could work on their models there.  The local hobby shop also had its upper air space occupied by hanging large scale model aircraft.  The atmosphere in these places just made one want to build models.  This was in the late 1940's. I remember the guy's name to this day (Bob Simmons) and I may still have the large CULP cloth patch which we had sewn onto a dark blue jacket. This was before the era of plastic modeling began. Everything was made of wood, and a few cast lead bombs for the 1/48 carved wood display models. I find it amazing I remember so much of those great times 65 years ago yet I cannot remember where I put my eyeglasses an hour ago.  

Ah nostalgia.  :punk:

As to the poll, WNW recently issued the Stahltaube and the Dolphin. One Austrian/German and one English aircraft. This continues their preference for aircraft from these two countries.  I do not see any indication that WNW will vary from their direction. 

Thus, although we may want to see a French or Italian WW1 aeroplane kit in 1/32 scale I really do not think one will appear on the market under the WNW label. 

Considering the wonderful releases we have received from them over the years I have no complaints at all.

Keep 'em Flying!  :piliot:

And that might just be and finally the Fokker DR.1 we are all waiting for ... and I buckled down and bought the Roden one recently :)

No problem, room for lots of Little Fokkers here :)

Where do you get this "...we are all waiting for"?

I did not authorize you to speak for me.

I especially did not say that I want the Fokker DR.1.

I can certainly speak for myself and I would appreciate it if  you would not act like a biased news reporter and make up your own "truths".  :fight:

The reality is that WE all want the Japanese Val and Kate WW1 airplanes.  Yes, I know that it is rumored that these two airplanes were made in the late 1930's and flew in combat in WW2.  Yes, Yes we have all heard that mistruth and frankly I am tired of it. Specious arguments have been put forward that these two aircraft were single wing types. In reality the Japanese designers made the upper wings slightly smaller and the upper wing was thus built entirely within the lower so no one would see it.  ;)  That was very good camouflage indeed. 

It is also an old wives tale that the Kate could not be from the WW1 era since it did not have a landing gear just because no one could see it. Once again I must clear the air on that bit of nonsense. In reality the Kate's landing gear was permanently attached to the underside of the lower wing. It was there, but no one could see it, that is all. You see the Japanese designers were very precocious and had developed stealth landing gear. They were indeed way ahead of their time.  :ninja:

Not only that, but the Japanese aircraft designers during the 1914-1918 war developed many then fantastic tools that were only revealed in the 1960's American  TV show Star Trek. We all remember the famous line from that first episode aired on CBS on September 8, 1966, where the Captain uttered that famous command, "Beam me up Lieutenant Tamiya."  :whistle:

Well, I hope I have made my point and we should not speak for others who are members of this forum. We are very sensitive about what others insist that we have said. :crying:

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Edited by ssculptor

Hansa-Brandenburg-DI-Flik41J-Korp-Altman

I would like to see a kit of the 

Hansa-Brandenburg D.I Flik 41 - 1916

The Hansa Brandenburg D-I was a German single seat, single engine biplane fighter aircraft built for Austria-Hungary.

The beauty of this Star Strutter fighter is that it had few if any wires. It should be much easier to build which will make many modelers very happy campers.

I'll drink to that!   :beer4: