Hasegawa F6F-3/5 Hellcat...

Shaka HI

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Bravo on the front office - some mighty fine work for sure. Completely agree the belts whether RB or HGW ( I use both) are a PITA but they are absolutely worth the time, eye strain and the accompanying head ace.

Look real good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hi Shaka.

I missed this thread. I rarely venture into the GB section. I don't know why.....

You're doing such great work. Really inspiring.  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

With all the ribbing you're taking, you might as well put some in...

e4de10352cfbd205b2a785e3eb3d653b.gif

I'd say it looks pretty damned good!

Agreed. :)

Minor work, though I noticed that I spent nearly 3 hours on it. Cleaned up the Cockpit components and test fitted them -- quite good actually. The PE parts for the cockpit opening actually made the front windshield fit better -- to my surprise. Unfortunately, I' noticed spider cracks in the canopy. I might have to actually try the Vacuuform machine to copy the canopy now...Most of the riveting/scribing is done and I'm quite happy with it.

pRoATXi.jpg

I was going to offer you a vac canopy but see this is long since passed. 

Sure does look the part Shaka ... can I also say how convincing that cushion on the headrest is?

Great stuff mate.

Jim

Yeah I reckon it looks real. :o

Hey Martin, if you can help with your Google-fu, I could really use some great close ups of the main gear bay. I found a couple, but not very good. Or if anyone can recommend a publication, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Peter, I appreciate you stopping by...but don't waste any time on mine, please continue with your wonderful builds!

Dale, no worries, buddy...not much to see here, to be honest. After a whirlwind 2016 (for me), I'm finding it hard to stay motivated for some odd reason (probably the new job and starting at the bottom)! 

Jim, I'll be using masks and I still plan to hand paint the cat mouth -- it doesn't seem all that difficult to be honest (and I do have some background in art and my hand is fairly steady -- I hope). But I plan to really weather this build  and I find it more convincing with painted markings than with decals.

Thanks all, for stopping by!

Dale, no worries, buddy...not much to see here, to be honest. After a whirlwind 2016 (for me), I'm finding it hard to stay motivated for some odd reason (probably the new job and starting at the bottom)! 

You're probably just tired after such a tough year mate. Nevertheless your modeling is great! :)

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

No way ...

Never a waste of time following wonderful builds and learning. I thoroughly enjoy your work and wouldn't miss a single update.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Just to prove that I'm still working this when I can...I assembled most of the engine and ever "wired" it!

(Stretched Evergreen rods, which are much more flexible and super easy to cement with Tamiya Extra thin...I think this will be my go to method for engines I feel that I can paint after full assembly (because it won't be really exposed with the cowling installed).

OtyfFog.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Super work on the P&W for sire and just love the idea of using Evergreen rod - next chance I get, I'm going to give it a try.

Looks great

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! This method welds those "wires" on...I got frustrated with copper wiring that popped off so, I thought I give the Evergreen rods a try -- and I had a billion of those thicker ones that I know I'll never ever use!

Test fit into the cowling with the prop attached...I admire some of you guys who detail something "because you know it's there", but that's just not me. I decided to pass on the gear bay...leave it stock, but I might add more detail later. Assembled the wheels/tires and even engraved the threads with my scribing tool. I really need to get this finished!

zvnLXPp.jpg