ITALERI F-35

thewizardofaz

Is there a pilot figure included?

I'm thinking of doing an in-flight build.

In flight is my idea too, but was dreaming of an in-flight B model landing vertically, with all the doors dirty.    I was thinking about a pilot, and there are several manufacturers out there who make modern AF pilots that may work if not with some slight modification.   

What kind of helmet would an F-35 pilot wear?

Would any of these be even remotely close, or be used as a base for modification?

MasterDetails_32041_Product.jpg

321120-f-16-pilot-seated-in-ac__86359.14

*EDIT*

Found some pics of the upgraded helmet. It appears, that with some work, the JP Productions F-16 could be suitably modified. Im not sure I could get 100% accurate, but behind the tinted canopy, Im hoping it would be less evident, 

Edited by Out2gtcha

I think either of these two figures wou

ld be a good starting point, or even the Academy F-16 pilot figures may be starting point. All you would need to do is some helmet mods and you may be OK. There are lots of pics on the net of the pilots and the helmets.

Dave

Mr. Paint just announced (coming soon) their take on the Have Glass paint. It will be a 2 bottle set with the correct dark gray color and a clear that apparently contains the sheen effect to spray on the paint afterwards.  I'm surprised we have not seen it turn up in the USA yet. Stevens doesn't have it listed either.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Any reviews or builds of this kit yet? Really hope they do a B version ... then I'll jump on it, assuming its not a dog of a kit, and I see no reason to assume it is.

What kind of helmet would an F-35 pilot wear?

Would any of these be even remotely close, or be used as a base for modification?

MasterDetails_32041_Product.jpg

321120-f-16-pilot-seated-in-ac__86359.14

*EDIT*

Found some pics of the upgraded helmet. It appears, that with some work, the JP Productions F-16 could be suitably modified. Im not sure I could get 100% accurate, but behind the tinted canopy, Im hoping it would be less evident, 

The F-16 pilot is where I would start Brian. The helmet is the pilot's primary interface with the aircraft's sensor system.

Barry

First of all, sorry for posting in the wrong area to start. My intent was to let Gary know that it was out and maybe a heads up on whatever upgrades he'd been thinking of, if any.  I've been seeing a number of the non-chromate green aircraft going through build up.  MrP has that color too, along with the two greys and the Have Glass. All the zig zag areas are black in pre paint. And they also are going to need to be sanded level before any paint work.  They are not high, but way too high to paint that way. I saw one video on you tube that indicated you can leave the fuel port door open and leave the intake exposed.  Gonna be interesting. Likely the intake tubes will need to be filled and sanded smooth and then painted all at once ....or some one piece intakes can be made.  The engine is quite detailed with varying surfaces and many "hoses" and tubes and the like provided.  Someone who likes to detail engines will have fun tho. Personally, I think the intake tubes and perhaps exhausts will be about all the plane will need from a resin casting crew.

Just saw this F-35 thread for the first time.

I received my 1/32 F-35A roughly 3 weeks ago, and back then I took some photos of it; if anyone's interested I've posted some of them on imgur if U would like to have a look at them you can find them here… https://imgur.com/a/cNPgR

The photos are 3200 pixels across, half of the original size

I also posted some photos of the real thing that I took at the Avalon Air Show and as well the F-35 seat that was on display. There's some good reference photos… https://imgur.com/a/vE8cO  

I'd like to eventually make mine as an Australian version, and if or when they do bring out the C version in 1/32 I wounded mind try and do a diorama as a US Navy one just hovering off a carrier deck as though it was just about to land.

PS. I read here somewhere that Tamiya is making one, is that true?