Rigging with 'household materials'

Hello y'all and a nice evening!

I will soon be at the point in my Arado build where I will have to rig the floats. Now the question is: What material do you recommend? I have done a few antennas with stretched sprue, which glues well, but is very delicate and snaps easily. As the rigging I need to do is in some way structural, that seemed right out. So I bought some nylon thread at a local arts & craft store, which is fine considering the breaking strength, but for some reason I can't glue it with superglue (I assume, it's lacking surface structure...). The last thing I had lying around was an old e-string of my guitar, which glued well and is of course very robust. Added bonus: it already looks like a steel cable. So: has anyone ever rigged anything with guitar string? Or do you have other tips? I have read a lot about EZ line, but it cost about 15€ with shipping and everything, and I'm not planning on building a lot of biplanes in the future, so I would just have it lying around...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Greets, Jonas

Edited by holzemjo

EZ-Line, or 2lb fishing line. the former is idiot proof and lovely and stretchy, the latter - in my humble opinion - gives a more realistic finish (Except for RAF wires...)

My stuff is all packed up at the moment for decorating, but in a couple of weeks I can happily send you enough EZ-Line to rig your Arado.

The €15 is a solid investment though, it will last for years.

Hey Dean, thank you for your quick response and your very generous offer! I will be looking around for some fishing line, I have a friend who does that as a hobby. Idiot-proofness is another valid argument though, so I might give the EZ line another thought!