North Korean Ki-43 Oscar *Done*

BradG

For an aged/frosted/yellowed canopy, i'd try a mist of satin or mat varnish, possibly slightly tinted with clear yellow. Anyway, if you do not like the result, you still can wipe it out with some alcohol or mineral spirit (depending on which type of paint you are using).

• 3 weeks later...

More work done. I'm trying to do at least one thing a day, that way it keeps moving. The cowlings were a bit of a fight to get on and in place with the engine, but I think everything is straight. The silver paint is checking for flaws in the joints and I still have some scribing to do, but it's getting slowly closer to paint. I was thinking I'd deviate from the profile and paint it up like the Hickory; light blue with khaki drab upper. I figure the North Koreans probably flew it at one stage and a repaint was likely.

P1010004_zps222xomkt.jpg

P1010003_zps8pwpq2d2.jpg

Neat!   I like the way the interior looks, even if you cant see as much of it as you'd hoped.    I actually think the "do at least one thing a day" philosophy is a great one.  I really struggle during the week with bench time, as I work 7AM - 4PM and have to get up quite early...........and spending quality time with the SO usually trumps although that's no excuse, as she has said MANY times its cool Im down in the man-cave.

I just feel sometimes, that if I know I have a "time limit" AKA, have to quit to go to bed and get up at a reasonable time, Im maybe not as apt to even start bench time, but I just need to adopt your strategy, and just get down in front of the bench, and "usually something happens" as far as modeling goes.

Great work so far Brad!

Ok, that leading edge looks much better and now I have the gear on. I also salvaged the exterior of an old clock for the base and sprayed it black. Now I just need to get some grout from Bunnings to make dirt. Next up is masking the under surface off for the top colour, always a bit of a grind to do.

P1010004_zpsecsbt1if.jpg

P1010005_zpsc5jved1o.jpg