IAF AH-1 Tzefa F

dodgem37

• 1 month later...

Thanks for dropping by, Maru.  No update.  This winter I've been doing interior Honey-do projects and cleaning up the basement and organizing my modeling area to relieve some of the congestion.

For the two Honey-do projects I refinished a bathroom, filled, sanded the walls, painted, and installed new lighting, door hardware, and accessories.  The other honey-do project I designed a Mondrian influenced art project made with 1/8" Masonite as a substrate and 1" square red, yellow, blue, white, and black mosaic tiles.  It is 17'-0" long by 10" deep (5+ meters x 25+cm).  I'm still working on it.

The basement flooded earlier this winter and I spent a lot of time messing with that on a more than daily basis.  There were old paint cans and rugs that needed discarding, new shelving put in, and organized.  My modeling area needed loads of new shelving to move tools and supplies off of my work desk, which was becoming smaller and smaller with accumulated scrap and tools for and from each project.

I boxed a good 30+ models that I'll be selling on ebay and stacked them in the 'to sell' shelf.

Tomorrow I'm going to our beach house until Thursday morning to do spring cleaning.  Hopefully the weather will be nice when I get back because I need to make a frame for the basement sink.

The current sink sits on a frame of wood and particle board which has been ruined because of flooding.  I've got to disconnect the plumbing, rip out the framing, then clean up the mess of dissolved particle board.  I've got a stock of angles 36 inches long with 2 inch returns that are perforated every 2 inches or so.  I used them for outdoor landscape projects, so even tho they are a bit rusted they are still sturdy enough to hold up the sink.  I've got to prepare the angles by wire wheeling the rust off, cutting some, spraying them with paint, and the base with liquid rubber so when the basement leaks again the angles will be protected with this rubberized compound, then bolt them together.

Lots of stuff still to do before I get back to this, not to mention the stuff I didn't mention!

Thanks again, Maru.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 1 year later...

Sir,

When you do get back to this wonderful build, send me a PM.  I worked on Cobras in the Army and in the Nebraska National Guard for almost 20 years (then they phased them out in the late 90's)  I have all kind of knowledge on the AH-1F.

I would love to share my real world knowledge with you!!!

Dan

'When you do get back to this wonderful build, send me a PM.  I worked on Cobras in the Army and in the Nebraska National Guard for almost 20 years (then they phased them out in the late 90's)  I have all kind of knowledge on the AH-1F.

I would love to share my real world knowledge with you!!!'

I'm all ears.  I will make it a point to contact you.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Mark