New 1/32nd Revell Spitfire Mk.IX- 322Sqn R.Netherlands East Indies AF-

Big Tony

Cheers Kev,.....yes I brushed on Aeromaster flat varnish (yes I still have a bottle of this awesome stuff!!), again using a big flat brush,.....first coat brushed on as usual and then more scuffed on afterwards in a dry brush type technique.

Another quick update,.......I`ve applied the watercolour wash;

DSCF0198_zpsn4rqnxtx.jpg

DSCF0196_zpskwgxxct9.jpg

DSCF0200_zpsau5k31lq.jpg

I`ve since rubbed it off again, leaving the wash behind in the recessed detail,....and I`ve added the undercarriage etc,....I`ll post a photo in the morning,

Cheers

Tony

Cheers Dennis,.....yeah it is scary and I worry every time!!

But,.....it is worth it and here is the model this morning,......almost done now;

DSCF0202_zpsupymxkby.jpg

DSCF0203_zpsivp3kpjb.jpg

DSCF0204_zpsrzlqkl80.jpg

DSCF0205_zpsk40tradh.jpg

I`ve polished the finish up a little using a damp paper towel and clean brushes scuffed onto the paintwork to try and replicate the original aircraft,...just the last little bits to add! 

Cheers

Tony

Cheers Fella`s,

I was going to replicate the tip lights by scraping the paint away and then adding a thin coat of paint to lights. As for my back,..... thanks, it is always going to be badly damaged and this cannot be fixed,....but the added pain of the disc embedding itself into my spinal cord has been a bit too much to handle,.... I`ll be glad to get back to my `normal' pain levels!

Hopefully I`ll have the model finished today,

Cheers

Tony. 

Hiya Folks,

Well I`ve been beavering away,.....but guess what I did this lunchtime,....I dropped the model which went skidding across the stone kitchen floor shedding parts as it went! Thankfully,.....it was fixable and with that final spurt including a set of harness straps made from painted tape and the wing tip lights were scraped back to clear and then tinted using Sharpie pens,..... I`m calling it done! 

Here is the finished model;

DSCF0237_zpsvedtj47i.jpg

DSCF0211_zpsvbp6aqq5.jpg

DSCF0209_zps8krmbvxr.jpg

I`ll stick some more pics in RFI later on,

Thanks for all of your support along the way,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Big Tony

Thanks everybody,....glad you like it and all of your support, encouragement and kind works have been greatly appreciated cheers.

Lovely result Tony - very, very impressive and by all accounts it flies... if only for half a heart stopping second!!!

Torben

Haha,.....yes,....it flew beautifully in a nose down curve but the crash landing was a mess, however it could have been much worse,.....just lost the undercarriage, a cannon barrel and a propeller,.....all fixable thanks to the wonders of super glue!

All the best

Tony