New from WnW

SWApilot

Unless that's what WnW *wants* you to think. Maybe they want you to think they're being magnanimous by producing Dr.1 decals for the Roden kit, when they're about to spring their own Dreidekker on us. Stranger things have happened.

Dude, thats the most positive post I've seen from you - are you OK?

This is cool to see some OOP kits coming back. At this rate, WnW could put out a kit without decals with markings- given that a lot of there stuff has so many kit and aftermarket decals and they could still sell a bunch of them like that. If you build multiples of a single subject it would be a perfect deal....

Edited by The Dude

^^ No need to be condescending, especially over something as unimportant as model airplanes. I see the difference now that you are pointing it out. But I see it as a difference without a distinction.

Unimportant?! I waste countless hours of my life and untold riches on this very important subject!!

I apologise. I feel it's a hugely significant distinction. Do you know of any other company in the model industry who are doing what WNW are planning to do?

^^ No need to be condescending, especially over something as unimportant as model airplanes. I see the difference now that you are pointing it out. But I see it as a difference without a distinction.

Say what? As insignificant as they may seem to you, they are my "escape zone". Gave online gaming for this. 

Edited by Gerhard

Unimportant?! I waste countless hours of my life and untold riches on this very important subject!!

I apologise. I feel it's a hugely significant distinction. Do you know of any other company in the model industry who are doing what WNW are planning to do?

Say what? As insignificant as they may seem to you, they are my "escape zone". Gave online gaming for this. 

Relax everyone!.  I enjoy the hobby, too, it is just not worth some sort of "tempest in a teapot" internet argument that risks escalating to personal attacks to make one's point, that's all.  I just don't see the distinction being drawn as significantly different from any other company that makes after-market thingies for competitor's kits, like Eduard, for example.  Is the comparison exact: No.  but I don't see it as a significant distinction.  You could even make the argument that what Eduard does is an even more overt promotion of a competitor's product.  They say on the after-market thingies which kit it goes with.  Don't let me or someone's disagreement trouble you.  Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and then move on...

Gerard, you made a good choice, IMHO, but let's face it: we are spending disposable income on this pursuit (I hope we are!).  Life still goes on.

Guest Clunkmeister

Maybe Phoen will catch on and make decals for Roden kits other than the Dr.1, and the Sieman's, because they have been conscentrating primarily on WnWs releases.

They do.

There are Pheon sheets for Roden kits.

I have for the Siemens, Spad, and Dr.1,

Edited by Clunkmeister

I'm looking forward to these new sets, i'll be getting the AMC DH2, the addition of a figure really appeals

I really dont care what WnW brings out, they are always high quality, if i like the plane i buy it

Exciting times as an aircraft modeller right now :piliot:

Well, I have the Albatros Trilogy boxing and was planning to do a von Richthofen build already.  Not sure I need a fourth kit of the same plane.

The other announcements are exciting, as this is a great opportunity to get the Sopwith Triplane and DH.2 at "normal" prices and not Ebay discontinued prices.  I'll be buying both of those for sure.

I'm still not convinced that WNW will not do their own Fokker Dr.1 at some point.

This decision to throw decals in the kit box for Roden kits is weird.  Would like to know more about that.

PS: I have paid mildly inflated prices for a couple discontinued WNW kits that I really wanted.  

I'm not going to do that anymore.  As someone mentioned up-thread, it seems pretty clear WNW is going to re-release pretty much everything at point or another, or at least there is a great chance of them doing that. 

No need whatsoever to pay Ebay prices for other discontinued stuff.