Revell 1/32 Beaufighter build

Drof88

hi dan,

i agree with everything the guys are saying---but i think very often doing 'bits and bobs' is the best way to go----sometimes my best bits come about at 2o'clock in the morning---or during an impromptu bit of modelling---- and conversley some '****-up's' when i'm all settled in for some 'serious' modelling, and i'll bet i'm not alone in this?

the beau is coming along nicely-------some real 'old fashioned' modelling here i feel---keep at it dan.

dave.

also dan-----if the option of open cowlings is one your looking at PARADE FIGURES here in england have exquisite resin bristol hercules engines----expensive--but masterpieces by vector.

just thought i'd give you a heads up on this.

dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys ^_^

Loic- it's either courage or insanity- i haven't decided yet :ph34r:

Oh yup, i certainly prefer Revell kits- 99.9% of the kits stashed around my room (or hidden in my car ;)) are Revell!! There's a couple of exceptions though- 3 airfix, one lindberg and a herritage aviation ;)

I'm dreaming of their :ph34r: 48th He111 *drools* a project for the future...

Dave- Yeah, i prefer to scratchbuild rather than use resin as for some reason i've always dreaded using it, even though i've never tried it!! I've read a few tutorials, which makes it seem less daunting and makes me want to have a go with this 'mystical material' :)

Who knows- by the end of the build i might even be casting my own stuff ^_^!!

I say about not liking resin... But who's just gone and ordered Herritage Aviation's :ph34r: 48th Grob Vigilant ^_^!! It's sitting on my shelf, tempting me, waiting for when the beau is done :)

And cheers for the heads up on the Vector 32nd hercules radials- i'd seen photos of them ages ago but never found out who supplied them!! As you say, at about £16 each they're not cheap- but definatly worth it going by all that gorgeous detail!! I think i might be showing her 'nude' (with the cowls/panels off) after all ;)

Pics will hopefully come soon (when i charge my camera lol)!!

-Dan

Hi Dan, like the others said, it's great to see someone tackle this kit, you're doing the old lady justice, and indeed it's a impressive looking model afterwards...

happy modeling

J B)

• 8 years later...