1/32 MUG-29A (9-12) (from Revell to Trumpeter)

Guest Martinnfb

ok, so here is what I did in order to actually get an idea about the shape of the spine. Please be aware , that the back of the model was already flattened under hot water and slightly sanded at the rear.

I traced the cross-section on a piece of paper. It is rudimentary approach, but it will do for now :)

gOquN6r.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

I placed cutouts on the actual model and here is result.

DhDl7I1.jpg

As you can see the section 11 is slightly wider and that continues along section15, that is also still too high. On the other hand the at the point of section #18 I took too much. 

Over all, Trumpeter has it in the ball park, but the frontal area is wider that it should be and gives it a weird saggy look.

Please do not get discourage, this is nice kit OOB waiting to be build.

I believe that Chris (ZactoMan) will find ways, how to eliminate little glitches and I know for sure that Eduard has a set on the way. :) , having said that I am gonna mix some resin now.

Cheers

M.

Hi guys :)

I'd just spoke with my friend - owner of CWS and well we have some good news here :)

He makes an entire new cockpit for trumpeters kit, which is including: the cockpit itself, new canopy frame, the canopy itself/clear parts/ and of course parts which will resolved the problem with the shape of the upper part of the fuselage / just like Martin's photos with cutouts and the kit :) /

The releases coming this autumn /octomber, november/ of 2017 :)

Cheers friends

Edited by ShelbyGT500

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...