Revell 2017

rafju

Airfix sadly don't do 1/32 aircraft which is a *huge* pity. EE Lightning F.2A/6, Sea Vixen FAW.2, and yes even the Beaufighter or Supermarine Griffon Spit done to the latest spec would all be spectacular.

Revell of Germany did mostly European subjects this Century until the Hobbico influence shifted things back more towards American, which is bad news for some as it might now completely rule out a Do 17 or 217, ...(snipped)

Tony

To me, that is a strange trait of Airfix, especially considering their military vehicle/armor stuff often appears in 1/32.

For the other subjects, I wish HobbyCraft was still in business as an alternative. I have their 1/32 P-38, P-40, F4U, F4F(completed), SPAD XIII, Fokker Dr.1, 1/24 "Pin-Up" Spitfire V (I wish I had their "Thud"), 1/48 Do 17E, Do17Z (Nearly complete, I just got the a/m canopy sets from Squadron).

Their decals, painting color guides, and customer service were excellent, as well as their painting guides, and bargain prices!

On the other hand, I have a old finished Revell/Germany 1/32 F-4U, and their "Mix-your-own-colors-from--their-special-brand-of-paint" instructions, folding wing hinging are/were the worst I have encountered so far.

:innocent: Tom

Edited by Gigant

I believe the only new 1/32 item Airfix has done over the past thirty years is the pair of BMW Minis, probably as they can (like the old kits) be adapted to slot car racing. Some of the vintage vehicles might, however, make for some diorama gear for Wing nut Wings biplanes.

My favourites of old were the Monogram 1/48 Century Series, which Revell repop and slightly change from time to time, like the Thunderstick II Thud. If Revell ever pantographed these to 1/32 I'd be delighted: F-101B, F-102A and F-106A especially.

Tony

I believe the only new 1/32 item Airfix has done over the past thirty years is the pair of BMW Minis, probably as they can (like the old kits) be adapted to slot car racing. Some of the vintage vehicles might, however, make for some diorama gear for Wing nut Wings biplanes.

My favourites of old were the Monogram 1/48 Century Series, which Revell repop and slightly change from time to time, like the Thunderstick II Thud. If Revell ever pantographed these to 1/32 I'd be delighted: F-101B, F-102A and F-106A especially.

Tony

Airfix's re-release of Rommel's halftrack seems a good companion to my Hasegawa "Rommel's Storch", both in 1/32. 

As for "favourites of old" [default to UK spelling in deference to our friend(s) 'across the pond'"], you and I both Tony!

What do you think about Airfix's recent diorama releases, such as their 1/72 B-17 with ground equipment, etc?

:innocent: Tom

Got a hunch it will be a great kit and sell very well.

Just wondering, with the delays, if Revell can sneak in Blue Angels markings for the F/A-18E

Tony

While I do look forward to the Super Hornet, I'm not sure I'll be getting one. My Academy Hornet was pretty darned big, and this will be even bigger still. Given my serious space constraints, I need to very carefully think about what 1:32 aircraft kits that I can truly justify.

Some info about the Hornet:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994600-132-boeing-fa-18e-super-hornet-by-revell-release-june-2017/

"It won't be released before September 2017. Got the info from the Revell booth at Intermodellbau two weeks ago."

I can confirm this - it was me who talked to the Revell employee and posted that on britmodeller. :) There are pics of the sprues around on FB. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these - I really hope they didn't mess this up as some sources stated.

Personally wont be in a hurry to get any of the new 32nd Revell kits.

The Trumpeter F-18's are all very decent kits and i have one if each of them and i cant see anything to convince me this is any better than what ww already own.

I might pick up a 190 to do a nightfighter but it looks like its going to cost quite a bit more than the Hasegawa kits i already own which are simply lovely.

Revell may corner the US market and the EU but how many people are going to be replacement kits for already lovely kits. Its not like they are 1970's Hasegawa raised panel kits they stand up against any kit well.

From the photos are Revell including the 2 seater parts in the box unless its just a overall sprue image.

What we need is Superhornet cockpits, Intruder cockpitsetc from Aires.