Spitfire K9998.

Tango1

I love the sight and sound of Spitfires but strangely enough I have no motivation to build one.....till now! Your build Darren is spot on, in some of those camera angles you'd be challenged to say whether it was a model or the real thing. I totally agree also about "First Light", a marvellous account of Wellum's training and experiences in the wartime RAF. Congratulations on a super model.

Max

Super build well done.

Michael

Thank you Michael! 

Thank you Kev! Much appreciated!

I love the sight and sound of Spitfires but strangely enough I have no motivation to build one.....till now! Your build Darren is spot on, in some of those camera angles you'd be challenged to say whether it was a model or the real thing. I totally agree also about "First Light", a marvellous account of Wellum's training and experiences in the wartime RAF. Congratulations on a super model.

Max

Thank you very much indeed Max! I hope you do build a Spitfire, everyone should build at least one! 

"Thank you very much indeed Max! I hope you do build a Spitfire, everyone should build at least one!"

That's my problem Darren.....everyone builds Spitfires, Bf109s and Fw190s!!  I prefer to be different and concentrate mainly on training aircraft....but I am building a couple of Hurricanes shortly. :)

Max

Edited by mozart

Thank you! 

Yes I used an Eduard set for the cockpit instrument panel. It was a pre-painted set and well worth using. The belts and harness are also from Eduard from the RAF WWII belts set. These are also pre-painted and the detail on them is very good. They are very fiddly to fit though!  

Did you use the fabric belts? or just the standard photo etch ones? 

"Thank you very much indeed Max! I hope you do build a Spitfire, everyone should build at least one!"

That's my problem Darren.....everyone builds Spitfires, Bf109s and Fw190s!!  I prefer to be different and concentrate mainly on training aircraft....but I am building a couple of Hurricanes shortly. :)

Max

I know what you mean, but I still think you can never have enough Spitfire's!  :thumbsup: Hope you enjoy the Hurricane's! I will look out for them.

• 2 weeks later...

...  I prefer to be different and concentrate mainly on training aircraft....

Max

DSCF6795.JPGhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CdiBV1KocoU/TJM46SBCJzI/AAAAAAAAAVY/QfhMqEJYxnk/s1600/DSCF6795.JPG

:)

Edited by MikeC