WnW "The Duellists" Sopwith Camel F.1 and LVG C.VI

monthebiff

Pretty well have the cocpit together now but first up I made a couple of pulleys for the foward bulkhead as these are not included in the kit.

20170805_155027.jpg

20170806_095749.jpg

20170806_163702.jpg

20170806_163709.jpg

20170806_163729.jpg

a few bits to add to the rear as well as for the eagle eyed amomg you to cover the red print on one of the belts carefully put there by HGW  but otherwise all but done. Just need to concentrate on finishing painting the fuselage interior. Had a quick dry fit and all looks good.

Regards. Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get some time to get the fuselage interior painted in readyness for cockpit installation and closing up.

20170822_204930.jpg

Dificult to see but treid to add as seperate panels to match the outer fuselage. Although the very rear fuselage is very, very dark I was just having a bit of a play as this area wont be seen once the rear bulkhead is fitted. 

Also have the wings pre-shaded in readyness for applying the lozenge. Initially I used Tamiya deck tan with some brown pre-shade over the ribs but this was just to dark, so a coat of thin Tamiya white was applied to lighten things up Just needs a final gloss cote now prior to decal application.

20170818_143121.jpg

Thanks for checking by as always.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Good day at the bench today, cockpit completed and fuselage all buttoned up. 

20170826_164249.jpg

20170826_164325.jpg

20170826_164304.jpg

20170826_164312.jpg

20170826_164520.jpg

Pretty happy with things so far, also had a play with Uschi wood decals on the engine bearers in readiness for the outer fuselage. First play with Aviattic decals on the tail plane and Wow I can see why everbody raves about them.........they are amazing!!

Regards. Andy

Looking good Andy - I can appreciate your need to get an "easy" build done whilst doing the 188. It's a rewarding build, but demanding at every turn. Sometimes you just want to stick bits together and build a model aeroplane! I've adopted the same strategy, with my 188 build interspersed with simpler little projects.

You'll be up to your neck in WNW kits in no time. They just scream to be built & they are pretty small and build up fairly quickly.

At least, until you get to the rigging....

Andy, have been wrestling with my conscious over he Duelist, seeing yours I want one.........looking very very good............

Seems like a hefty ouylay for the Duelist set but if you want an LVG without paying silly, silly money on ebay then its a must have and thats why I went for it Phil. Thank you for your kind comments on my build so far.

Regards. Andy

Looking good Andy - I can appreciate your need to get an "easy" build done whilst doing the 188. It's a rewarding build, but demanding at every turn. Sometimes you just want to stick bits together and build a model aeroplane! I've adopted the same strategy, with my 188 build interspersed with simpler little projects.

You'll be up to your neck in WNW kits in no time. They just scream to be built & they are pretty small and build up fairly quickly.

At least, until you get to the rigging....

Thank you Dean, really enjoying the build so far and as you say demanding but lots of fun. Its my second WnW build now but my first bi-plane as I did a W.29 earlier in the year. Just nice to get away from piles of resin dust for a little while and I find a rest from a big build here and there always works for me as I soon want to get back to my current major project whatever that may be.

Regards. Andy 

Andy,   Great looking build and you got well rewarded on your efforts on the wood.  Looks terrific and adds a lot of interest to what is usually a 'given' in the fuselage.  Keep it up!

Chris

Chris, Slowly getting the hang of these WnW builds and thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully the outer fuselage will turn out reasonably well also. Thanks for looking in.

Regards. Andy