What's the story on the Italeri F-35?

mpk

Hi guys.

I have been looking at this model. Is it any good? Bloody horrid looking machine but the wise Govt :mental: RAAF bought some. So I am intrigued. Also repulsed. But that is normal. :)

Worth the money or the finger?

Hi guys.

I have been looking at this model. Is it any good? Bloody horrid looking machine but the wise Govt :mental: RAAF bought some. So I am intrigued. Also repulsed. But that is normal. :)

Worth the money or the finger?

Have a look at the links below, it'll give you an idea what you may want to think about it. I think it's good, I haven't done anything with it in the box but I like it  :) 

http://largescaleplanes.com/walkaround/wk.php?wid=185

https://imgur.com/a/cNPgR

Cheers

Guest Peterpools

Hi Dale

The kits on my to buy list, as I'm a big fan of the F-35. To me looks like the 'Rocky Balboa' of the air

Peter

I am in the painting stages of the kit and so far it was an enjoyable build. The wing to fuselage joint needs some putty though: there's a gap of about 1mm.

What you will need however, is a ton of masking tape. Just for the top of the fuselage, I used 3 rolls of tape and the belly of the aircraft probably will need more than that! Last night I spent 4h masking just the gear and weapons bay doors. Patience is a good thing to have, because you need to be very accurate when masking !

It is an impressive jet, being slightly bigger than an F-16. 

Have fun!

Nic