Academy 1/32 F/A-18+ Hornet with RAAF Decals

DesTROYer

I've seen on Metro Hobbies website there is an upcoming release from Academy of a 1/32 F/A-18+ Limited edition with RAAF decals.  Does anyone know what scheme will be with this release?  Is this one of the "special projects" Steve at Ronin Graphics has been hinting at on his Facebook page?

https://metrohobbies.com.au/academy-1-32-f-a-18-vmfa-232-red-devils.html

That Red Devils boxing was released over 5yrs ago.

edit... the Red Devils box comes with RCAF and USMC decals not RAAF, so maybe that offering from Metro is something different or their own special combo of throwing in RAAF sheets?

Edited by ziggyfoos

They list the kit number as ACA-12107, which is the 5-year old kit that doesn't come with RAAF decals.

http://www.wettringer-modellbauforum.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=48736

Strange that the picture they show is if the 1/72 listing, but the Red Devil markings are the same. I would think that if it were a limited Academy release, it would have a different kit number.

I'd noticed it was the 1/72 box too.

Forgive me, I only say upcoming because it's only available there as preorder and I hadn't seen it listed with the RAAF decals anywhere else.

I bought that one from the Northern Beaches Hobby Centre in Dee Why - as boxed by them, it had RAAF decals (there was a 75 SQN sheet in addition the the Academy sheet). Could have been added by the LHS or the Australian distributor?

Great kit anyway - go for it!

Jim