Civilian themed diorama

JRutman

Thanks a bunch Tim,for the nice comments,

Got some more finished and more underway. The shed is being constructed just like the real ones. Timber frame roof with lathework going across.

IMG_1561_zpsjsorxpfx.jpg

Underside showing the way the roof tiles are hung from the lathe.

IMG_1562_zpslh7itmnb.jpg

Next to the cottage I wanted to show ome of the food sources being grown on the little patch of land these folks would have use of. I chose the challenge of cauliflower. The plants are from a MM railroad form named JTT. The one on the bottom is stock and then you see what my tweeks were on top.

IMG_1563_zpsksjsk1co.jpg

I spent one afternoon building a fence from branches woven together and then a night and next day painstakingly building a wine vine on it. The vine has a thick trunk made from a real root and then vines made from real natural material. The leaves are fro paper by Fredericus Rex,formed and painted. There are also pewter grape clusters for the Rex kit that can't be seen on these pics. To top it off I made curly cues of thin thin wire painted green for the vine "feelers". I hope to take later pics showing all this.

In the meantime   "Greeeen Acres is the place to be."

IMG_1564_zpsismd56s2.jpg

IMG_1565_zpseiw5ry0g.jpg

Pete,Harv,Joe and Brian,

You guys got me pumped up this morning so I will show you some more progress on more layers here. Almost done with groundwork now.

IMG_1566_zpsgauykmhb.jpg

IMG_1567_zpsmosuehq7.jpg

IMG_1568_zpswf6rulzn.jpg

IMG_1569_zps3qbfsple.jpg

IMG_1570_zpscdvfa5nk.jpg

IMG_1571_zpseyqcrg3p.jpg

IMG_1572_zpsllgqoox6.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. You can see a new broom,grapevine,ivy and rosebush among other things now.

J

The scene at this point is so realistic, that it made me flashback to an incident when I was about 6 years old, walking in yard (very similar to this in many ways)....where I was attacked by a damn rooster ! Boy did I ever run hard to get away from that bird. Needless to say, I have ENJOYED eating chicken ever since ...hehe.

Joe