Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

They have always made kits like that. Some sell out immediately, some are still available years later

Richard

Yes, but surely that is at least partially due to the fact that their production levels vary from project to project.  I'm sure they are not all manufactured in equal numbers.

I hope for a Fokker DR1 in time for the 100th anniversary of the Baron's last flight. 

DING DING DING

You could be onto something here!  Sent me to the archives to see when Manfred died.

April 21, 1918.  Hmmm.  I like this theory.

What people are not discussing is that WNW has decided to announce the date of...an announcement!

They've never done that before so by definition this is a special occurrence.

It begs the question: what is different this time?  Why is this kit more special than others?

Going with the whole 100th anniversary of the death of the Red Baron angle makes as much sense as anything.

I mean what is more iconic or relevant to the field of WWI aviation than something to do with the Red Baron?

He is probably the only thing most people know about in terms of WWI aviation.

People might know of something called a "Sopwith Camel" b/c of Snoopy!

That's probably about it.

Guest The Southern Bandit

As much as I love the DR.1 and the Spad XIII (and WANT it to be either of those) , I think there is about a 75% we can kiss those goodbye, at least for this release. Id say its much more likely we will get something that no-one expects 

And that might just be and finally the Fokker DR.1 we are all waiting for ... and I buckled down and bought the Roden one recently :)

No problem, room for lots of Little Fokkers here :)

And that might just be and finally the Fokker DR.1 we are all waiting for ... and I buckled down and bought the Roden one recently :)

No problem, room for lots of Little Fokkers here :)

Id love it if it was. Honestly though I think we are going to be disappointed (re: the DR.1). 

Guest The Southern Bandit

It will probably be "other", but I'd jump on a WNW Dr.1 in a flash!

We all would be all over it and it it would be a massive seller ... I admire how WnW keep it secret until the last minute though