F-4C Phantom II - Tamiya 1/32

Memir

Absolutely amazing! There isn't much more I can say, but I will ask, you said that you used Mr color paints, what about the metal areas. Were they Mr color or something else, because they look equally real, fantastic work.

Hi Squizzy. Many thanks...

Metal areas are mix of MRPs, AK XTREME metal and stabilisers' aft panels are touched up with Uschi's Iron Type Metal Powder.

I can only say .... WOW !!!! what a job on the weathering !!!! very nice idea .... I like .... if I dared , how did you proceed  

Alain

Hi Alain. Many thanks. As a base I sprayed camouflage fields with MRP SEA colors out of bottle.

Then salt masking method and light shades of base colors. Salt removed and darker shades of base colors followed. Those areas simulating moist color around panel lines were sprayed with even darker colors low PSI.

Light green received another layer of light tone but with added yellow color to mix. I used fine and worn sanders and sand paper to wear some areas.

Then overall Flory washes and local use of ammo panel liners.

Some areas were weathered with Tamiya weathering master powders.

Should you need more info let me know ;)

Cheers

Holy hell!!  That is without a doubt the best F-4 model I've ever seen.  The paint work is so realistic it's hard to believe it's a model.  It looks so real.

Did you know you're missing an antenna on the nose gear door?

Great work!!!

Jake

Hi Jake, many thanks for comments. I have noticed missing antenna after making pictures unfortunately. Probably victim of carpet monster or swallowed by vacuum cleaner.

Just found there is the same part in my F-4E kit which is not to be used so I have a spare one and will work on that today...  ;)

Cheers

The weathering effect is superlative ad absolutely realistic! :m0152: :m0152: :m0152:

How did you made scraps of paint? xacto knife?

Many thanks for sharing

Ciao

Filippo

Ciao Fillipo,

I made scratches 3 different ways:

1. with red Mr Paint riveter but any sharp needle or pin would work basically the same.

2. I used a lot green scouring pad for dish washing. All those tiny dots and scratches are made with it

3. fine or worn sand paper

Most of scratches I over sprayed with very light base color to blend them down...