Tigger EF-10B

Lee White

Ok, here is the obligatory photo of the unbuilt kit. Tomorrow's plans include foam-filling and popping parts out and starting to sand them to shape. She will be buttoned up, and sport FOD covers for some color and to weasel out of having to make intake trunking.

d0a5de6a971f70c4c4651b41872c5288_zps1bd0

Ok, here is the obligatory photo of the unbuilt kit. Tomorrow's plans include foam-filling and popping parts out and starting to sand them to shape. She will be buttoned up, and sport FOD covers for some color and to weasel out of having to make intake trunking.

d0a5de6a971f70c4c4651b41872c5288_zps1bd0

Bought some slow rising foam last month..........Think I'll try on the wing and tail feathers..................

Have the kit as well and almost considered selling it......Looking forward to seeing what you do with it and I'll be taking notes!

Hi Dave, I'm glad you are watching, hopefully I do the Marines proud with this build. Here is a built-up ID Skyknight, built by Larry Hawkins. I think he did a pretty good job, but there are only 2 pics.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/Galleries/Pages/F-3D.php

OK, it's Foam time! I sprayed a silicone mold release into the fuselage halves and nacelles, tomorrow I will pop them out and cut/sand those parts. Then I'll trim the foam back to the center line, and then I'll be ready to carefully cut the foam back at the area where the rearmost cockpit bulkhead would be. I'll be able to draw an accurate bulkhead, cut it out, and begin a basic tub at that point.

1182b23ec8737b951e2f2cfb951479c7_zps3e95

I got the fuselage halves cut and sanded, and the engine nacelles too. Taped the whole thing together, and fit isn't bad. You might notice that I opened up the nacelles, even though I had said that I was going to have fod covers. That's because I can't leave well enough alone..... I hope it works out!

27b7744e3ddda4db09ed53088ae1eb84_zpsafaf

21353346c28f2538547d1ba1ca6e364d_zps1bb7