"JURASSIC PLASTIC ROCKS ........BYE GEORGE

marauderdriver

Meanwhile back at the Ranch!

Fuselage glued around the vertical to the rear edge of tail wheel well.

Cockpit installed

Wing halves glued together

Added some reinforcements for the rear wing to fuselage join

So now it comes down to mashing it all together to create

the smallest gap possible.

Engine done.

yCijOTz.jpgvrheNAe.jpg?1hmxPpga.jpggCbPSbm.jpg29oIOxG.jpgXrtwXm1.jpgkR93cdb.jpgYPLGkkj.jpg

looks good, gaps arent to bad or tough to fix either.

wing fit to the fillet looks nice

Thanks Shawn. I'm happy with the result so far. Clean-up doesn't look to bad, just don't squeeze to hard :rofl:  :rofl: 

Nice work love it when some one builds a rare kit on a side note. I would worry about the bench monster not carpet monster hehe

Thank You Sir,  I bought and traded for these kits with this exact purpose of reliving my modeling youth, with better skills to make a nicer build, but staying in the BOX.

Give me 6" x 6" and I'll build a 5' 1/72 Saturn V.  At least I don't have to get down on my knees with a flash light looking for parts as much......ok I'm a

SLOB!  :shrug:  :shrug: 

Nice work, Jack - you'd never know the fuselage had that whoopee in it! This build brings back those days when a kit was built in a weekend, and there was no such thing as a stash!

Thanks Bill...You hit the nail on the head Sir!    Just enjoy an easy ride once in a while to let the nerves loose and the mind just creating your next build....This has been a BLAST and just what I needed to keep the focus on FUN   After not paying a lot of attention to Japanese aircraft this GB has also made me do some research (I love it!!).

IHas me building at least a 5 plane collection to start....I never knew how good looking they were and how familiar they looked with Brit . US and German fighters..  Learning new stuff that has been brought to light by Classic Revell Kits....I know of the Zero, Raiden, Hien, Oscar, George..in 1/32 ...Any I missed in Japanese Revell?

Wings and stabilizers are on, grabbed the Rivet wheel and replaced the lot ones. I think this actually works better

with raised rivets. Checked and repaired seams prior to a stroll through the paint booth for a coat of Tamiya

rattle can Bare Aluminum. Found cockpit floor and rear bulk had broken come loose and bulkhead was in the fuselage.

Got bulkhead out,,reglued the floor and worked the bulkhead back in with a little effort not to break the seam..Then to the

paint booth.b9SCaq4.jpg6GSLgUW.jpg25JOh55.jpgE3Q1S0l.jpg4muRMcm.jpg0hZFBKv.jpg

5UnlK3C.jpgIf Revell is even close on their shape with this one, than yes she does have really nice lines..She is different in shape than what I thought, seeing in 3D

even a model shows nice lines and an interesting semi gull wing from behind.  That makes a whole lot of difference from picture to 3D..

Shot AS-12 Tamiya Lacquer "Bare Aluminum" followed by a "Mass of Tape" and  coat of TS-17,"Gloss Aluminum" and more TAPE and

​afew shots of TS-30 "Silver Leaf". Frogtape marred the Gloss Aluminum paint even after a 2 day dry and real light-tac tape.zXbPvai.jpgzXbPvai.jpgiql0bXn.jpge3XYx0Z.jpgj4MJ7oK.jpg8UCJQWR.jpgv9sGGZl.jpgCAsV3m8.jpgT6LN1MU.jpgWLKgOax.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver