WNW has pre-order online for the Jasta 5 Albatros D.V trio

seiran01

Yes money when ordering.

I just asked Dave and he said that the kits are in stock and will ship on Monday (global release date) - so none of that Weta mess with the Camel kits where the kits weren't in stock until weeks after the retailers had theirs to ship! Thank god WNW is selling kits directly again

Way ahead of you- got four on the way. One from WNW and three from section8 hobbies.

Between the kit decals and the sheets from Pheon and FCM (plus the original D.V release) there are about 30 Jasta 5 Albatrose, and that's not even counting the D.IIIs using Roden's kit.

I think when it comes time for me to buy the trilogy (and I WILL be, as I think that roughly $63 USD is a great price for each WnW kit) I think Im going to try my hand at using the new Tamiya compound curve tape I bought for the red tail striping. That stuff if AMAZING. Its ability to go around curves is quite astounding. 

WNW website says shipping 24th July? Unfortunately, no year given.

Hannants has them showing at £179.99. I pre-ordered ordered two, so £161.99 including free delivery.

£323.98 for six Albies is an utter bargain, considering how much single boxings go for. £54 each, including VAT & delivery - I think WNW may have mispriced these a little low?

Twelve pages of decals for a choice of eleven schemes!! Eleven! All pretty damn cool, as was the Germans want during WWI.

All in the one box as well, freeing up storage space for a couple of the upcoming Taube. And that's just what we know to expect, I'm sure WNW will quietly, with a minimum of fuss and fanfare, drop a couple of single seaters and a twin seater fairly soon as well.

DH.4? Curtiss Jenny? Nieuport? SPAD? BE.2(a/b/c/d/e/BE.12)? Caudron G.4/C.23? Sopwith Dolphin? Fokker Dr.I? Early Albatros? Fokker D.VIII? Breguet BR. XIV? Ago C.II? Rumpler B.I? Voisin V? Blackburn Kangaroo? Farman Short/Long- Horn? Short 184? Sopwith 1& 1/2 Strutter? Sopwith Dolphin? SPAD S.A. (for a laugh)? Hansa-Brandenburg W.18? Lohner L? Caproni Ca.1/3? Macchi M5?

I've given this some thought!

WNW website says shipping 24th July? Unfortunately, no year given.

Hannants has them showing at £179.99. I pre-ordered ordered two, so £161.99 including free delivery.

£323.98 for six Albies is an utter bargain, considering how much single boxings go for. £54 each, including VAT & delivery - I think WNW may have mispriced these a little low?

Its funny, if you look on the WnW site, they have it for $189.00/£145.00.   Either way that is indeed a super bargain IMHO.    Roughly $63 for a WnW Albie?!??     Thats a hell-of-a-deal

Edited by Out2gtcha

Its funny, if you look on the WnW site, they have it for $189.00/£145.00.   Either way that is indeed a super bargain IMHO.    Roughly $63 for a WnW Albie?!??     Thats a hell-of-a-deal

£145, plus 20% VAT = £174 + £20 delivery = £194.

£145, plus 20% VAT = £174 + £20 delivery = £194.

Ouch. That VAT is a KILLER!!!     I know there is not much you can do about it, but that would start to get under my skin after awhile.