B17F Shamrock Special

vvwse4

I am still around, only working in a smaller scale, at least for this build. After meeting Jeroen this afternoon in the Aviodrome I decided I might as well take up his advise and put my B17 build in this part of LSP. I had the Revell F in my stash for a long time and the group build on ARC made me decide to make this model. I used a lot of aftermarket and I am getting close to paint now. If you want to read the whole story

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showforum=174

If not, here are some pictures.

PA290005.jpg

PA290007.jpg

PA290010.jpg

PA290011.jpg

PA290016.jpg

PA290013.jpg

PA290020.jpg

PB250010.jpg

PB250012.jpg

PB250014.jpg

Really want to finish this one on time, the deadline is the end of this year.

Hope you like it

Rick.

• 3 weeks later...

AHA!

I thought I recognized your build.

From the same GB I built This:

5567973002_7be7976762.jpg

AHA! Like that one a lot!! Really want to finish mine so I can start with my birthdaypresent, Tamiya F4FJ Phantom in the right scale.

Rick

Edited by vvwse4

Don't you just love the smell of fresh paint!! Finally somer colour on this one. First Humbrol #11

shamrockspecialpaint012.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint011.jpg

After that I made some panels blue and and then applied the preshade in black. I saw on the ARC somebody do that on a B24 and it looked quite good. Let's see if I can do that also.

shamrockspecialpaint014.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint015.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint017.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint016.jpg

shamrockspecialpaint018.jpg

I want to let it dry for a day or so and then put on the NG and OD.

Rick.

Hi Rick love the work, can I ask what brand are you using for the NG and is it straight from the jar? As I have been told that it didn't fade much as it's such a dark colour yet I see some using light grey, sure would like your thoughts on this.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Rick love the work, can I ask what brand are you using for the NG and is it straight from the jar? As I have been told that it didn't fade much as it's such a dark colour yet I see some using light grey, sure would like your thoughts on this.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the compliments.

I use Hobby colour number H53. It is not straight from the jar, I started straigt but I added more and more white, I do not know the mixture, jus added white and checked the way it came out. I intend too spray some NG when the salt has been removed. because this plane had a new backside from bulkhead #6 I figured that part should be lighter. But if the NG did not fade at all or not so much I should reconsider that and make everything one colour. I do not know that NG gets lighter but the OD does so I assumed the NG would do the same. Anyone who can share some light on this, please!

Rick.

Edited by vvwse4

Cheers

Graham

Looks light to me, but I suppose there are always different appearances. This one's not horribly weathered and stained yet.

B-17FlyingFortressIA2.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1

Looks light to me, but I suppose there are always different appearances. This one's not horribly weathered and stained yet.

B-17FlyingFortressIA2.jpg

Graham, Kevin,

Don't mean to diss anyones' take on color, but I just don't think that there is any way that you can judge the proper shade of a color on a scale model from a photograph, especially one that is black and white. The photo is obviously light altered - look at how bright the underside of the plane is, and how dark the sky is. Plus 1:1 scale objects always look different than tiny little replicas...

Plus the photos of the model are taken in a pretty dark environment.

I think the NG on the model looks pretty good.

Scott G