Can These Help Settle to Bf-109 Wars?

Bill Cross

What in the world makes you think these plans will be the new standard for accuracy?

Not likely...

One could only hope. The bickering over kits is sometimes a bit wearying. But only sometimes. ;)

What in the world makes you think these plans will be the new standard for accuracy?

Not likely...

Well, spinner is wrong shape in their cover pic G6, hopefully their plans will be more accurate...

Well, spinner is wrong shape in their cover pic G6, hopefully their plans will be more accurate...

Technically for that particular 1:1 G6 its 100% correct.   Not trying to throw any gas on the fire, just sayin.

Technically for that particular 1:1 G6 its 100% correct.   Not trying to throw any gas on the fire, just sayin.

I think he was pulling our legs....

Strange that people seem inclined to pull out plans to compare with a new kit. Might as well use the kit as the basis and judge the plans for accuracy.

If there weren't disputes, there wouldn't be any fun in having forums.... :frantic:

Well, I do prefer blondes over brunettes, and vanilla over chocolate, but I was never a big fan of the 109 until recently when the Erla G-10 kit came out. I say bring on all the drawings we can get. Think positive dude.

Brad

Tim, the author took apart all the surviving Bf-109s and carefully measured every part. He then fed all the measurements into a huge supercomputer and came up with the EXACT measurements of the plane. And for those modelers who feel that this kit or that one "isn't right," this will either give them comfort knowing they got the RIGHT kit, or give them comfort knowing that they avoided the WRONG kit.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

There-in lies the problem there is no RIGHT or WRONG kit..

Is a kit wrong because its 0.9mm shorter than another?

Revells quest for a mass production 109 series has given us a possibly slightly more accurate Frankenstinien monster which is a pain to build loaded with poor engineering choices from our view but great from their accountants desk.

Or if you prefer a life the Hasegawa kit which may be slightly shorter but i know which kit is RIGHT for me.

Or if you want an engine the Trumpeter kit.

The whole concept of a kit being RIGHT or WRONG is a personal one and it isnt millimeters which define it.