Gr.Magg.Bellagambi-Osoppo 1945

Javlin1

• 4 weeks later...

Well starting to get some paint on the girl besides the pit it has been OOB thus far and the reason I have not posted anything to this point.Why manufactures still get it wrong to this day in thier labels of RLM 82,83 is beyond me but I almost painted this bird in Lt.Gr. but it just was not fitting any of the profiles.Now I still have some more 83 to spray like around the air intake and right before the tail along with some minor touch up here and thier.Then after that RLM81 on the rudder mottled w/RLM83 next being mottle 75/83 on the fuse.I have to give credit to these Gustav for teaching and expanding my abilities with the airbrush I now am getting down to sparying 1/32>1/16 lines something I never learned in doing American and British A/C.

post-2311-1263913722.jpg

post-2311-1263913755.jpg

post-2311-1263913774.jpg

Thks Russ and Dave I appreciate the coments.What I am learning here in the last couple of weeks on the airbrush just keeps blowing my mind.I am now mixing my paint @70>80% with 30>20% thinner still @ 10-15psi but I swear I can draw a line 1/32" all day and the control has totally flipped into my favor.Well I reshot some 76 and then reshot the 81 on the rudder and remottled the 75 and 83 in some areas.Now I noticed at least to me that the area under the copit was mottled but also like a haze of 75 light all over in that area so I put my hand at it after mottling everything.

post-2311-1264210644.jpg

post-2311-1264210670.jpg

Thanks Guys! Got a couple more pics of the start of the decals.The Yellow 1 was about 8"-12" to tall at least in comparison to my crosses(were they to small??) so cut them down to size (much better).Then I had to fix one of the ANR's on the upper wings as to what direction the arms point.She is starting to get that look and still abit to do.Cheers Kevin

post-2311-1264459183.jpg

Javellin,

That's very tidy.

I'm getting the urge to get mine done,......thanks for the push!!

Nice fix on the fasces, which decals did you use?

Were you able to cut the individual staves from the decal and reverse their orientation?

How'd you do it?

Kais you cut them at the shaft in a rectangle box around the arm and flip.This allows the decal to slide of holding its shape for you.I showed this at another sight and was told that ANR's for Italian built planes they were parallel while on others they were symetrical so check your references once again it was easy for me to change.Kevin

first pic symetrical

second parallel

post-2311-1264478638.jpg

post-2311-1264478902.jpg