1/32nd P-47J or XP-47J?

LSP_Ray

Ray, while I can't say with 100% certainty that this is the case, the only XP-47J conversion I can think of was the one Bill Koster did for Monogram's 1/48 Razorback.

I am willing to be proven wrong, though.

Ray,

Never has been any type of conversion for the old revell P-47 kit.There were some of what u posted in 72nd scale along time ago.One could convert them as to doing some mold work and bondo work for the P-72 that u mention.have the profiles and etc. in a big file folder if u'er interested in it.Larry

Thanks guys. The 1/48th Koster conversion was the only one I knew of, too. Accurate Miniatures had plans on doing it, IIRC, but that never materialized. That was in 1/48th scale also. I have never heard a whisper of one in 1/32nd, although there is always the chance somebody did one ages ago that didn't get widely circulated, especially in the pre-internet years. But if you guys haven't heard or seen it, probably didn't happen.

Jeff, wouldn't be a bad idea though!!!

Ya know, with all the new P-47s and Corsairs out there, we need to find a use for all these Revell kits...this could be the answer.

This conversion stuff is becoming a 5-headed monster though... :lol:

Jeff

Guys,

Thought about doing one of the old revell 47 with this conversion along time ago.From the intel i have and all the makes and models of the 47.It would be as to making a wood cutout for fitting to the nose of a revell 47 and then using some bondo and probably some other type of form making materials to get the nose right.It wouldn't take much to do one.just sometime and some sanding and forming and u'll have thqat one of a kind 47 that never made it pass the proto-type stage.Larry

Ya know, with all the new P-47s and Corsairs out there, we need to find a use for all these Revell kits...this could be the answe

Jeff

...Just my sentiments as well, should be a lot of fun trying to get these old shapes into some interesting subjects... :rolleyes:

J.