1/32 Tamiya F-16 181st FW.

jmreed76

Guest Peterpools

JIm

Way to go! Terrific work on the front offcie and Holy Cow does your Viper look good with primer on and ready for the paint shop. Can't wait to see her all dressed up.

Keep 'em coming

peter

Thanks a lot guys for the comments! Peter, I know what you mean...really looking foward to splashing some paint on! Still need to address some minor issues first though, when I put the panels on behind the radome, I didn't get the desired fit that I was hoping for, I had to blend and rescribe along the way and as a result, Some of the detail was lost. Bryan "DurangoKid" informed me that UMM makes a tool that will help adding in the lost detail...may order it and give it a try?

Notice the small circles that were lost...please excuse dinner on the stove....Haha!

AA42087A-A782-42CF-9AC2-5D8ABBE4C3A1_zps

Also, I have an area to address on the LEF. When glueing the Flap on I guess I went a little crazy with Tamiya Extra thin! As a result I didn't get a clean seam between the LEF hinge fingers. I think I can sort it all out!

7A3D4ED7-1878-48F5-AAA6-5CD63ED49CAC_zps

I still need to polish out a canopy and paint up the pilot but I believe I'm on the downhill slide now!...More to come!

Started on the pilot today,

B4E199F5-828D-4A79-81A3-66969BB29FF5_zps

Helmet painted and overall glossed

4C078D70-890F-4D14-A6AE-BCB8D06FBB77_zps

I have a small squadron patch that I'm going to try to place on his right shoulder then he will be ready for a wash followed by a flat coat.

After the pilot has been sprayed with a flat, I'll go in with Prisma Color pencils and pick out more detail.

Thanks for looking!