Hawker Hurricane IIB FINISHED

Allok

Hi allok,

Your build looks good so far. If you really want to get an accurate Hurricane put of the Revell kit, there are a few areas that you should lool oput for:

- The wheel well openings are too big and in the wrong place. It will require some surgery to get right.

- All control surfaces need to be redone: for example, the ailerons should be Friese-type. All "fabric effect" is too exaggerated and the rib tapes are in the wrong places.

- The nose is too pointy. It is hard to explain what is wrong there. On the real thing, when viewed from above, the nose has a shallow taper from the firewall towards the spinner, and then, just behind the spinner, it tapers sharply to meet the spinner. The kit has a steady taper from the firewall to the spinner, which makes the nose look odd to say the least. No easy solution there other than lots of surgery or getting the Warbirds (Available through MDC) correction set.

- The canopy is wrong in pretty much every respect.

- All panel lines need to be redone - almost all of them are in the wrong place.

- Wing fillets where the wing leading edges blends into the nose need to be corrected - they are too shallow.

I recommend that yu get Arthur Bentley's drawings. They containg a treasure of information. This may also be of some help http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...t=ST&f=4&t=6090

HTH

Radu

Cheers Guys. The encouragement is fantastic.

Radu; Some of these issues I am having a go at and some I will leave as they are. It will still be one of the best models I have built so far.

Your Hurricane is amazing by the way. I also especially like the photo-etch sets you produce... perhaps you could do one for the Hurricane?.

Stay tuned guys, still working on the cockpit.

Haven't gotten very far this week. I've been working in the cockpit and it's pretty fiddly stuff. Most of the time I just sit here and stare at it... eyes glazed :)

Would have liked to have rescued the kit instrument panel... but it was too large. So I've started scratching a new one. Here it is so far;

Pictures172.jpg

Thought I'd try the sexy blue back ground thingy. Here's a close up;

Pictures181-1.jpg

With seat removed;

Pictures180-1.jpg

A close up of that instrument panel;

Pictures182.jpg

A quick check to make sure it all still fits;

Pictures169.jpg

Mmmm. Gone cross-eyed!

Allok I've been following this build for a while now and you've been doing an excellent job on it.It's kind of funny how we all now call them "the old Revell kits" seeing as how so many new 1/32 kits are coming on line.Very nice work indeed on a classic...cheers

Only got a little bit done this week.

Removed the cannons, filled in some holes and made a few new ones.

Pictures190.jpg

Pictures191.jpg

In hind sight, I would probably have been better of starting with a MKI. But the early ones are always so much more expensive.

Also decided to add a little detail in the radiator area, which I was initially not going to do.

Frontofradiator.jpg

Rearofradiator.jpg

I've only made tiny advances on the cockpit. It's all very tricky.

Hopefully I'll have some paint on it by next weekend.

A bit more detailing in the cockpit.

Apart from the gun sight and the seat belts, this is about as much as I can be bothered putting in.

Pictures169-1.jpg

Pictures168-1.jpg

I can just about smell the paint going on to this one!

I've always wanted to do the bezel thing but always ended up chickening out, perhaps this time...

Hey man, great detailing. I really appreciate what you are doing. The kit is very bare and I can really appreciate the detail you are putting in. The work is immaculate, very real and so tidy, great job you are doing.

No Bezels, sorry guys... complete disaster. Maybe next time.

What happened? I've found mounting bezels to be one of the less risky tasks in LSP modeling since I began using Future, rather that CA or epoxy, to attach them.

Charles Metz