1/32 Boeing F4b4 - almost naked

Tomasz​,

I finally finished reading and studying your work for 27 pages. I've seen some incredible builds over the years, but nothing like what you've accomplished with a 40 year old kit.  I'm looking forward to seeing your next update which hopefully will have to upper wing on.

A few years ago you replied to a request that you would post some pictures of a few of your other builds. Could you please do so when you have a chance. I'm sure that each one will be just a masterpiece of it's own.

Joel

Hi All

Thank you for comments, I'm glad you like it.

It's happy moment, because I fixed upper wing successfully. I was afraid this operation but everything is very well. Main problem was to correct locate fuselage struts. Many ideas,dry fittings, big stress but with happy end. 

IMG_0142_zpsagqlytjv.jpg[/url]

IMG_0125_zpsheuwp9mt.jpg

IMG_0136_zps7mi1w7ca.jpg

IMG_0134_zpsq96dycuv.jpg

IMG_0139_zps1qeqy7lm.jpg

Regards

Tomasz

Edited by tomaszhajzler

• 8 months later...

IMG_0142_zpsagqlytjv.jpg

Tomasz

I reserved my first post in this forum (hello fellas) for this thread, because it was reading through this thread that made me want to register.  This is an absolutely beautiful model, any chance we can get more photos of the entire plane?

Only issue I can see is that I believe those wing ribs were wood in the real aircraft, not metal as painted.  The construction is very similar to the PT-17 (which I am building)  According to the NASM website:

The Boeing F4B/P-12 series served as the primary fighter of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army Air Corps in the early 1930s, and it remained in service in numerous roles until the early 1940s. It was the last wooden-winged, biplane fighter produced by Boeing and used by the U.S. military. 

Still, your model is marvelous and I love it!!

Best, Bil