WNW Fe.2b "Early" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Danny

Looking forward to it as i have placed an order on the MRP linen color line to see how i like it... I can say nothing but praise concerning the MRP paints and hope the hue of the linen products turns out nice (will help me in avoiding mix and match of tamiya for linen colors lol)

Karim

I've bought 4 bottles of the MRP paints for the interiors of my next few builds as a test. Of course I still have more then 60 bottles of Tamiya paints to burn through before I need to think about a switch for any of my primary exterior colors. 

Joel

Brian,

The label lists then as: Acrylic Lacquer paints.

Joel

So do you thin them with lacquer then?     Also, where in the states is the best/cheapest place to get them? Seems SB.com doesnt handle that line 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Brian, the Mr.Paint range is laquer based paint, so you thin them with cellulose based thinner. The acrylic statement means that the paint is made with some acrylics components, that doesn't mean that it is an pure acrylic paint. It's is still an cellulose based paint that can be compared with Alclad.

Greetz

Danny

Th

So do you thin them with lacquer then?     Also, where in the states is the best/cheapest place to get them? Seems SB.com doesnt handle that line

The paints are airbrush ready and don't require thining. The only whites and yellows I've gotten good coverage from too. I get mine Direct from Mr.Paint.

Brian,

The one time I used it, it didn't need thinning. it's pre-thinned like Alcad2.  I get mine from Hobbyworld-USA

http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=MRP+paint&submit_search=

Joel

Cooooooooooooooooool, thanks guys!  I love these types of paint, although I think its a better value when they dont come pre-thinned, but that of course also take the guesswork out of it as well.

And thanks Joel, I am checking on the Mr. Paint supply at hobbyworld right now.   Tanks!

Sorry to high-jack things Danny..................back to the Fe! 

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dany was just thinking, any progress on the build my friend?

Karim

Hi Karim, sorry mate for this very late reply, i just noticed your previous question and this one, shame shame. :shrug:

The Fe.2b project is put on hold due to other obligations. At the moment i'm busy on a commission flight helmet Restoration which i want to be ready next week. Also, i'm busy on the recent Phantom build, which need's to be ready next year together with the future Mirage VBA build. These models together with the Starfighter will be put on display with different flight gear (mostly helmets), corresponding with the time period in which they where operated at a local militaria and airshow event in Belgium. So, this has a first to go for the next few months. Also an upcoming Flight helmet repainting which is on my way will be repainted in the colors of a Phantom pilot which flew with VMFA-451, the unit that will color my Phantom build.

Greetz

Danny

Hi Karim, sorry mate for this very late reply, i just noticed your previous question and this one, shame shame. :shrug:

The Fe.2b project is put on hold due to other obligations. At the moment i'm busy on a commission flight helmet Restoration which i want to be ready next week. Also, i'm busy on the recent Phantom build, which need's to be ready next year together with the future Mirage VBA build. These models together with the Starfighter will be put on display with different flight gear (mostly helmets), corresponding with the time period in which they where operated at a local militaria and airshow event in Belgium. So, this has a first to go for the next few months. Also an upcoming Flight helmet repainting which is on my way will be repainted in the colors of a Phantom pilot which flew with VMFA-451, the unit that will color my Phantom build.

Greetz

Danny

Danny my friend thanks for the update!

Don't worry, i know how it feels to have real world obligations catch up with you...

Very interesting how your kits are going to be displayed with the flight helmets, any chance we can get photos of that when it happens? surely will be a great idea to have them framed and hanged on a wall in your modeling room my friend!

hope all is well at your end!

Karim

Guest Clunkmeister

Oh Boy! I love this kit and have made several starts and stops on mine. I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching your progress, Danny.

Danny my friend thanks for the update!

Don't worry, i know how it feels to have real world obligations catch up with you...

Very interesting how your kits are going to be displayed with the flight helmets, any chance we can get photos of that when it happens? surely will be a great idea to have them framed and hanged on a wall in your modeling room my friend!

hope all is well at your end!

Karim

With pleasure Karim. :)

From the moment i have some compositions i will take photo's and post them for sure my friend.

At the moment the Starfighter is the only model with a Flight helmet that is appropriate for the periode in which it operated.

Gyc6i94h.jpg

Oh Boy! I love this kit and have made several starts and stops on mine. I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching your progress, Danny.

Do you refer to the Fe.2b or the Phantom Ernie?

Greetz

Danny