Hobbyboss 1/18 AV-8B Harrier II released

Guest Vulcan32

Guest Vulcan32

These "kits" are good starting points. I got the 1/18 Fw-190 for 70,- Euros. Even as a friend I have to pay about Euro 500,- for a 1/18 "kit" from HpH. And there´s a lot of scratch building here and there. So I`m glad about the "cheap" plastic kits.

If this was a Phantom kit, I'm afraid I would have to be all over it.  Wouldn't replace my 1/32 kits. But just one big F-4 would be cool to have. Now, one F-4J or one F-4E?  Or perhaps a C or D? 

...See where this is going. :frantic:

I believe there was such a giant F-4 concept being tooled, twelve or so years ago. Unfortunately it came to naught, but I'd buy one too!

What mark? If it was 1/18 I'd go for an RF-4C/E photo Phantom. I'd buy a 1/18 Sea Harrier FRS.1 in as long as it took me to PayPal for it.

More likely to see Airfix do a 1/24 Phantom II F-4K or Lightning F.6 me thinks.

Tony

IMG_5107_zps5xh4i9ut.jpg

This is my 1/18th scale Harrier II, by Merit. I weathered her up and built the display base. I need to fix some things with the fuel tanks and the weapons but, all in all not too bad. She measures 33 inches long with a wingspan of 20 1/2 inches.

Steve

IMG_5107_zps5xh4i9ut.jpg

This is my 1/18th scale Harrier II, by Merit. I weathered her up and built the display base. I need to fix some things with the fuel tanks and the weapons but, all in all not too bad. She measures 33 inches long with a wingspan of 20 1/2 inches.

Steve

Looks sharp!....Can you shoot some closer pics? Im on the fence....

Certainly not my scale or era of interest but I really admire the rest of everyones enthusiasm for these big scale jets. Furthermore, I love the detail, care and time you put into each project. There have been some really great super scale jets that have turned up here on LSP.

Carry on!

Troy

I'm curious to see if it inherits features of the Trumpeter kits, such as the nose shape and lack of the kink in the wings.

Cheers, Tom

There are several issues with the overall shapes. However, in 1/18 scale I think it would be a lot easier to correct and probably a lot more fun.