• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 marauderdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

Thanks Paul,

When I saw this GB posted I was overcome with excitement as I had several models to choose from and SEA Camo to boot.

This was my excuse to build my EF-105F and add to my Wild Weasel builds in 32nd scale. Then the model GODS moved in and after

Damn near loosing my mind, I ended up with 3 builds,  No 2 seater and no SEA CAMO.   The model GODS put me on a new path

and I came across  a way to get in touch with Col. Vic Vizcarra, the artist and pilot of an F-105D named Pussy Galore. Had to examine

the name and artwork for the GB, and after a confer with our Fearless Leader, he said as long as it was "Historically Accurate" helped alleviate

any reservations I may have had.

I have had the pleasure to correspond with a lot of GREAT PEOPLE and tried to help with some extra parts or reference material someone needed.

Paul and Teresa are Really GREAT PEOPLE and have become friends.  We moved quite a bit of plastic between La. and Or. and has been fun.

This was a GB that Paul started talking about  more than a month before it kicked off and past a lot of information back and forth. I made some resin

parts for the first time and had a great surprise from Harold with his beautiful Standard ARM missiles, and all I had to do was send him a puny Trumpeter

missile.   The GREAT SUPPORT from everyone in this GB was tremendous, and sure helped me over a few humps as time went on.

To all who participated, finished or not  Thank You for the RIDE.  A special THANKS to Paul and Teresa for keeping the top on the glue.

We'll have to do this again sometime.

watch'in you B)

• dora9 and EmperorKai like this

bddb4135-4c76-4763-a001-43cedb78b2fa.jpgGonna get back to this ...One of These Days

#17 alaninaustria

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Thanks to everybody who participated! Wish I could have finished up on time... But, don't worry I'll get my Skyraider build wrapped up soon!!
  • Bill Cross likes this

#18 reconspit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

Yes, this was great fun..., I still hear my wife calling me to clear the table to dish dinner, because i did a lot of work "above" in daylight.
I'm a bit sad about not completing my third build, the Crusader, but the Intruder and the Thud were so much fun.
Thank's a lot and all the best to all of you...
And i'm still working on my Crusader...,

- Fly Models Hawker Hurricane Mk.I trop
- Hasegawa Ki 44 Shoki

#19 TimW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

At least I managed to finish the A-6!  The Bearcat and F-104 are still there in the "to do" pile, but no matter!

It's all good and this build was outstanding and fun to watch.

Tim W.

#20 andromeda673

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

this group build motivated me to build a few large planes, which until I got started really put me off. Thank you for organizing everything, and getting this done! Cheers to you mate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users