1:32 Fairey Flycatcher

Silver Wings

I just started working on my Flycatcher, and every bit of praise leveled at the kit is well deserved. It is really a phenomenal piece of model engineering. I can't wait to finish building it, it's all really top-notch. I plan to do the light blue option from the decal sheet, I'll be sure to post it in this forum as well when I'm done with it

Matt :party0023:

• 10 years later...

Hello,

I have a somewhat unusual question for forum members whose interest is Golden Age Aircraft. Although I build scale models I also enjoy reverse engineering full size aircraft. The goal of this activity is to then produce plans for construction of full size replicas of military aircraft from 1916 to 1934. As you might imagine, detailed technical drawings and engineering data is not easy to come by. Fairey Aviation has long ceased to exist as such. There isn't a single example of the Flycatcher left in the world. There is one very good replica at the Fleet Air Arm Museum at  RNAS Yeovilton, Ilchester, BA22 8HT. It was built for John Fairey, son of Sir Richard Fairey, in the late 1970s . It ceased flying displays in the 1980s.

I'm posting my question here as it pertains to my latest project, the Fairey Flycatcher. My question is: does anyone here have a credible source that proves which airfoil section was used on the upper and lower wings? If you can help, please email me at tsjohnson66226@gmail.com 

Any assistance you might provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TSJohnson
expaning the relationship between Sir Richard Fairey and his son John Fairey