Tamiya Spitfire XVI- TD248

BloorwestSiR

No. Oh hell no. 

We're talking about sleek, beautiful machines that go fast, handle like a dream and sound fantastic....the anti-thesis of a Harley!

I can't think of a H-D of the sky, maybe a Short Skyvan? Thats ugly, slow and loud, handles like a shed with wings...so yeah...Or maybe a TBD Devastator?

:D

Was thinking the same...............

All that money for something that is SO unbalanced that on some, you can see the front wheel shaking 1/4 or 1/2" back and forth.  No thank you. 

Nice..now that's gonna look really cool!

Thanks Shaka! The red really gives it that hot rod flavour.

That looksfabulous Carl. The wash and gloss coat give just the right appearance in my eyes. Subtkle and realistic. Good job.

Those chromed components are going to look superb against the red, especially with other pipes, wires, hoses and ancilliaries added to splash other colours around.

I'll say it again, what a great choice.

Cheers.

Thanks Guy!. I felt that the plain red would have obscured some of the details but that a black wash would be too harsh which is why I used the dark red. I'm glad it worked out. 

Carl,

Red and Chrome..   :wow:   :wub:

it WILL be the Harley Davidson  of the Skies .

:yahoo:

The engine looks yummy. Really Smart .

Great looking work. NEAT and  Tidy.

:bow:

Was thinking the same...............

All that money for something that is SO unbalanced that on some, you can see the front wheel shaking 1/4 or 1/2" back and forth.  No thank you. 

Thanks guys!, Definitely no knuckleheads here. All the Harley riders around here like to ride with open pipes and the timing turned way down so all they do is backfire and shake. Can't stand them. Sorry. 

how about our own Danny's Honda RC 166

.that's beautifully Red with oodles of Chrome :wicked: just teasing ya

Now that's an analogy I can get behind.  :thumbsup:

Maybe because I've owned 7 Hondas since getting my driver's license. 

Anyways, here's what we've been talking about all assembled:

IMG_20170104_123741.jpg

Next up is the bulkhead and engine cradle.

Carl

Looking sharp Carl! Enjoying the build. You've inspired me to get my 1/24 version down from the shelf, but I also want to start the Tamiya kit too, along with the 1/32 Yak 11 as the Yak was Eddie's other "baby".

I found some of my photos. I will scan and post them asap. Also found some video of Gary Numan flying Eddie's Yak for a reunion of 323rd Bomb Group veterans we hosted. He certainly knew how to fly that thing!

As for noisy Harleys....I find most Mopeds even more annoying in that department! 

Best regards;

Steve

Not that I recall, but that may have happened after she was sold..but I could find out. Do remember her getting tipped up onto her nose but luckily the engine didn't suffer any damage...just a long wait for Hoffmann to fix the prop. Did have frequent problems for a while with Mag drop though. Remember Eddie returning after a sortie saying he was feeling twitchy after being allowed to transit over Heathrow when the engine started mis-behaving. It got fixed eventually!

Best regards;

Steve 

Very nice Carl. It looks just as good as I'd hoped it would.

@Steve, did 248 blow a rod at some point? http://cdn.9cloud.us/images/261/p51_12_cylinder_rolls_royce_merlin__1935615943.1024x0.jpg

Cheers.

I've seen that picture somewhere before? I think it's a reno P-51 but can't remember which one or when...