Tamiya Spitfire MkIXc

Tinbanger

Guys

Virtual tour of Wheels and Wings   http://www.wheelswingshobbies.com/index.php/virtual-tour

Have a good look around.... and its all plastic and no RC!

Then there is the basement.... kit collections they have purchased for re-sale.

If your ever in TO its a must see. Just be ready to spend hours and hours, and hopefully your credit card wont melt.

NOW , THAT'S what I call a Hobby shop........ do they supply a GPS at the door so you don't get lost??? WOW, that is really something cool......

NOW , THAT'S what I call a Hobby shop........ do they supply a GPS at the door so you don't get lost??? WOW, that is really something cool......

No GPS but they go above and beyond, including emergency babysitting :)

I was there once with my then 2 year old son. He was looking at all the snap together and beginner kits while I browsed. After we had left and I'd driven about four blocks away, I noticed his teddy bear was missing. So I had to turn around and go back to the shop. Of course he had fallen asleep at this point. Rather than wake him, Ivan from the store came out to watch him in my car while me and his colleague went through the whole store trying to find his bear. We eventually found him BEHIND the snap kits. Our best guess was he'd put him down and then when the boxes got reshelved, they were placed in front of Bear.

Carl

A nice story Carl.

I noticed over the past few days when reading the various tributes following Roger Moore's death, that it was similar 'little' incident stories from fans about how accommodating, polite, charming and just downright human the man had been that were the most affecting and telling of his character. As in the wildly off-topic story I'll link below regarding 007 meeting a seven year old fan.

Now I'm not saying your friend Ivan is any Sir Roger, but I found your story similarly affirmative of the human community's everyday kindness and normality at its best.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/24/entertainment/roger-moore-marc-haynes-post/

And just to get back on topic, I'll go out on a limb and state that any better plastic Spitfire kits than the Tamiya 1/32 scale series

will not appear for another 40 years, at least. Or until some hitherto unknown and revolutionary process turns the model industry upside down.

But do not fear it in the slightest. Yes, it is complex, but Tamiya want you to build it and they provide clear guidance

and superlative parts to enable you to create a model to be proud of.

Edited by Chek

Guest The Southern Bandit

Hi MPK

I will be going with the JEJ markings due to the British/Canadian connection.

Richard.

Just be careful with the kit decals, they are a bit fragile, stunning kit though, it really is.

Richard, if you want to try masks for the JEJ markings, I believe I have some that I won't be using that you can have. Let me know if you're interested.

Carl

Richard, 

You can't beat an offer like that. 

Joel