NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Those pics look really good! Interesting your use of metal skinning. Have you been following Peter's Spitfire build?  :)

Are the rivets and lines hand done, or are you using some sort of laser set up?

Photoetch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The metal skinning with that large amount of PE definitely looks amazing and it's certainly what would be the most accurate look, especially for open panels. However, i'm a bit afraid of it as the last time i did something like that it was for the radiators of my Macchi M39 and i though i was going crazy.

Edited by Zero77

Guest Clunkmeister

HPH relieves me of a lot of money every single year. I usually buy from dealers here, but it's the same thing.  The models are truly works of art.

I have huge plans for the huge Emil. Also the Berg will be "one of those" projects.  I keep staring at the Helldiver sitting beside my bench with the G-Factor gear with it, and I'm thinking as soon as the P-63 get's to the display case and the Felixstowe is finished....

Guest Clunkmeister

Anthony, you have no idea how much I'd love to get back into one of those.  Not trying to kill myself running loads, but just to go out and fly. It's gotta stay about half loaded though, because they were skittish on the ground when empty. The engines get a real workout trying to stay straight when on the ground in a crosswind because at low speeds the rudder ain't worth the metal it's made of and the brakes are one hard application away from having none at all.

there's plenty of good airframes laying around, you just need the coin to do a restoration. You're talking a half mil easy, plus 3-4K an hour to run the thing.

It makes a P-51 seem like a sweet deal.

• 3 weeks later...