Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

in the testkit i have recived its only Ju 88 A1 parts. and i know that Revell also planned the A5 and A4

the reason it turned out to be a pure A1 was the extreme cost and time it took to make all the parts for the A1 cockpit and it took 6 months more than planned.. 9 months all in all just to design the A1 correct !! so most likely Revell will release a A5 and A4 later ( i also know they talked about a C and G version but we will see what they decide to do )

so far in the building the of my testkit i am really pleased with the resault !! but as the museums modellbuilder says..it needs some cleaning of the parts but that is normal i guess in such large scale but it looks great

Guttorm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

So, if we are looking at an A-1 only at this time do they include any optional parts in the kit for the twin rear gun installation or the optional side canopy guns? I think we also saw some changes in the ventral turret as well in the A-1 production run.

Mark Proulx

..this was two years before i started with the museum !!

I hope you have a paid job!

I tried to be a volunteer at a local warbird restoration facility once..... but one day the director looked up at me and yelled HEY YOU!! TIGHTEN YOUR BICYCLE HELMET AND QUIT LICKING THE WINDOWS!!!! :) :D ;) I Never went back......

there is a small detail i miss in the kit..i know it was measured by revell but probely due to the cost and time it might have been deleted from the main kit.. not sure but havent seen it yet in the kit itself.. the building is progressing well.. the detail i talk about is the notcompass in the nose..but this is easily scrathbuildt

thanks for the comments and the corret english word for the treatment of the aluminum.. i know what it is in norvegian but not in english ;)

post-5311-1226362835.jpg

Yes, thanks for your continued photo contributions on the Ju 88. Anything yet on the kit canopy guns? Does it include the optional guns fitted to fire out the sides of the rear glass that is evident in many photos of Ju 88's from that time period? I believe this was a later field mod for the A-1.

Mark Proulx

thanks for the mails. I will keep the pictures comming !!! I have looked and there is no sidefireing guns and only one top for one gun in the back top position ( this can be modified easily on the kit )

and also a Mg 15 in the nosecone was often modified in the field..

this is can update some pictures of later

GF